basic electric light problem

sirata

This is not related to my cinema.

I have a garden shed/workshop, which has an electric socket, at present I have a fluorescent tube, which is wired to a plug, so enter shed fumble around for the socket turn on the light, not great.

All I want to do is cut the cable and put in a light pully switch to hang by the door, can I get it to work can I hell as like, the light pully has com, L1 and L2 and earth.

Anyone offer a solution ??

Dave.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Neutral wire - no connection in the switch. If you have cut it then join the ends. If there's room you can tuck the joiner into the switch body to keep it safe.
Live wire from feed to common and from either L1 or L2 to the light. Leave the other L unused.
Earth - connect feed to switch and to light.

edd666999

feel a fool, the fuse had blown in the plug on my first attempt three hours ago, new fuse and away.

I spent 8months chasing a airbag error on my passenger seat in my golf.....turned out I forgot to plug the airbag cable in. Always the simple things haha

ufo550

feel a fool, the fuse had blown in the plug on my first attempt three hours ago, new fuse and away.
Without doubting your ability, if you've tried and done above, time to get in an electrician and have it done properly and safely. How is the socket in your shed wired to your house? If it's spurred from the house ring circuit, if so the light will need to be fused down into a fused connection unit. The existing socket I'm assuming has been done safely and correctly as well? The electrician will test his work after installation, to ensure it complies with BS7671. For example, test the external earth fault loop impedance, to ensure in the case of a fault to earth, that the fuse/mcb operates in the correct time scale. Dependant of the type of supply, any extraneous metal work may need to be earthed. It should however, be a simple job for an competent electrician, and only cost a small amount.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom