Answered Basic connection question

shroud

Novice Member
I apologise for this question being really noob...

My PC maximum resolution is 1440x1080. I think this limit is set by the monitor screen, which is an old model, and has exactly that max resolution. But the PC has a GeForce 550 Ti video card which should support higher resolutions.

If I connect such PC via mini-HDMI to an HD 1080p 16:9 projector, it should be able to utilise the full 1920x1080p resolution of the projector, right? Thanks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Too many 'Limits' and Thinks' to know for sure what to expect when you hook up the PC to the Projector.

Joe

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Looking at the specifications of the HDCP regarding the graphics card in question, it states that its a 1.4a certification. So, in practice, should work although on thing to remember, this also mean's that if its over 5m long, then it may not work as this is a criteria of 1.4a. The one wildcard I can see is that it has a HDMI C connection. Again, something I've never heard of anyone using.

If you do have problems, then look to NVidia How do I know if 3DTV Play supports my 3D TV? | NVIDIA

Regards, Shane

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom