• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Basic cctv

snoz

I'm just looking for a budget CCTV camera to look over front drive to get me started. I see foscam do an ip for under £100. They don't have to be ip. I know pic quality isn't going to be great at this level but I'm trying to keep budget down.

eyepete

There is of course a trade of between how much you have to spend and the quality of a camera you will get for it, but bear in mind that if the camera you buy is not up to the job then you may as well give the money away as it won't give you the peace of mind you're looking for.

I don't know the quality of the foscam you're referring to but remember that if you buy online you'll have up to 7 days to try it out and return it to get your money back if it doesn't do what you need it to.

For a little more, providing you can stretch your budget, you may also want to look at other outdoor IP cameras that perhaps will give you better quality images and more flexibility, features and robustness.

Pete

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom