• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Basic avr advice

welshpaul

Standard Member
Upgrading my old Onkyo amp as no 4k bypass.

will be connecting to a monitor audio soundbar with satellite rears and a sub with no further sound updates planned. Will be buying an Oled soon so will want the bypass for UHD from sky and a UHD blu ray player.

after something really easy to use and set up so what would you advise?

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Upgrading my old Onkyo amp as no 4k bypass.

will be connecting to a monitor audio soundbar with satellite rears and a sub with no further sound updates planned. Will be buying an Oled soon so will want the bypass for UHD from sky and a UHD blu ray player.

after something really easy to use and set up so what would you advise?
For ease of use you can't go wrong with Denon or Marantz.
What is your budget?

gibbsy

You can only connect up a receiver to a passive soundbar that has individual RCA inputs. A receiver is designed to be used with individual passive speakers and an active subwoofer. A receiver and an active soundbar cannot be used together.

gibbsy

Don't see the point in spending anymore with a soundbar because the front soundstage isn't going to be that great.

gibbsy

Soundbars are great if you don't have the room or the ideal position for surround sound speakers. You'll have a minimum of three speakers at least all within a box that is a metre long and a few centimeters deep. It's never going to work as well or sound as good a standmounts with a good stereo separation.

Richer Sounds also have a few Denon AVR X2600 left and these are a much better receiver than the 550 and you could still rig up the soundbar to it and perhaps look at getting some standmount speakers in the future. This would depend on where you do have the TV positioned as without a diagram of the room I've no idea what would really suit your room.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom