Basic Atmos 5.1.2 Setup advice.

Matteh2000

Novice Member
Hello, was wondering if someone could give some advice looking to upgrade to 5.1.2 Setup as my current 5.1 setup is pretty old :

Onkyo TN -NR414
4x Vector V20 Monitor Audio
1x centre Vector V20 Monitor Audio
1x Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Sub

Was looking at getting something like the Denon avr-x1700h with 2 x Polk Monitor XT90 Atmos Speakers and using the speakers and sub I currently have until
I upgrade later on Will be using with the Samsung QN95A TV only really use PS5 and Nvidia shield. Would this work alright or better off getting new speakers too? Thanks in advanced.

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

If you're happy with the audio you're getting from the current speakers then there is no real need to upgrade them. There is no need to match the Atmos speakers to the rest of the set up as timbre will not suffer because of the way Atmos works.

With the Polk speaker it depends on how you intend to use it. I presume it can be used fitted high on the front wall as well as in the traditional upfiring role. I've no idea how it sounds or how well it performs but I have been using upfiring Atmos speakers since they first appeared on the market and am very satisfied.

If you do decide you need, or want to, upgrade the speakers then just purchase the front three as the MAs can certainly be used for surround duties.

Matteh2000

Novice Member
okay thanks for the reply is it unlikely AV Receivers would go down in price any time soon I'm sure a year or so ago they were all around 100 - 200 cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom