• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Basic advice requested

fahed

Standard Member
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some basic advice on room acoustics for my new rear home extension for mixed music/movie use. I've read around the topic and am a bit confused with all the different options and am not sure which to apply... mirror points, bass traps, green glue, acoustic plaster board.

I've attached the proposed plan. I have a pair of Monitor RS6 floorstanders and BK Mk2 subwoofer and some small sattelites. To the left there will be a large set of french doors. To the right will be open in to the dining room. The floor will be laminate. To the rear is a partial wall separating the kitchen.

So my plan is to cover the garden doors with a heavy curtain. Use a rug on the floor.

To the front wall, behind the speakers, I imagine I need something that is sound absorptive - what what you recommend (e.g. green glue, acoustic board, quietglue).

To the rear on the partial wall, am I right to think diffusion is best and what would you recommend?

How do I manage the opening in to the kitchen and the dining room?

Lots of questions, any advice would be much appreciated!

:thumbsup:

1jmcna.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom