BASF dvd-r anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by soup nazi, Mar 13, 2005.

1. soup nazi

soup nazi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £17.99 for 50 in dixons is not bad for a brand name,anyone used them in a panasonic?

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I understood BASF didn't exist any more, and have become EMTEC. However it may be another quality brand name which has been adopted by DSG and used to badge items of poorer quality than we were once used to from that name. Take, for example, 'Grundig'... and DVD recorders.

The media code is needed before any assessment can be given of the disc quality. Good value if they're Taiyo Yuden, poor value if they're CMC or Optodisc.

Anyway you shouldn't be paying more than a tenner for 50 Grade A 1-8x -R discs from a reputable dye manufacturer, whatever the brand. Have a look at SVP's website, for example.

For a summary of good and bad media codes, see here...

3. soup nazi

soup nazi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah emtec, basf is the old brand.

i know all about svp and cheap dvds been buying dvds for a number of years now,i just wondered if anybody had bought these and what are they like.

4. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an E85 and tried these last year with disastrous results. 11 out of 15 could not be read and the 15th sent the machine into an endless self check loop. I binned the rest and have used the following with no probs. Maxell, Verbatim, Sony, TDK.