Basement dedicated cinema.

Seats and screen are in!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Still lots of finishing touches and stuff to do, but 95% of the physical element of the room is in place now! :)

IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG

Absolutely stunning mate, you must be over the moon

All the very best

Dave;)

PS The Emotiva looks a very good call by all accounts....though I think you shoukd stump up for the 32 as it’ll last forever (well as long as s/w comes etc) over the 16.

Amazing

I can only dream of owning anything as amazing as that. Hopefully by the time the kids are grown up and the mortgage is paid off I MIGHT be able to afford a place like this :)

Its Phillips Hue network lights, it is controlled through a Hub and I have it on a sensor who turns it on when walking down the stairs. It is set to turn off after 2 minutes doing a naturally dim-off so I dont need to worry about that. The phillips have some great expansions units too.

Really enjoying your building posts, it must be great seeing such great results :)

Its Phillips Hue network lights, it is controlled through a Hub and I have it on a sensor who turns it on when walking down the stairs. It is set to turn off after 2 minutes doing a naturally dim-off so I dont need to worry about that. The phillips have some great expansions units too.

Really enjoying your building posts, it must be great seeing such great results :)

Sounds good. We have Control4 for the whole house here but haven’t had much automation programmed yet as there are still fundamental things to be finished yet such as the Lutron blinds / curtains control, heating / air con integration and alarm / sensor integration. Once that’s all working we should be able to conjure up some handy features. We do have a sensor at the top of the spiral stairs already that turns the basement hallway lights on for obvious safety reasons!

We’ve got rgbw lighting to go round the stage area yet too, so if that isn’t enough I might extend it to under the seats!

Man this room is insane, how big is it?

I think the finished internal dimensions are 8m x 6m, not 100% on the length. We lost a fair bit to the “room within a room” construction but it’s been worth it. In the lounge above the cinema it’s about as loud as a TV in the next room when the cinema is up loud. Good news is I’ve had it on a couple of times in the evenings and the wife hasn’t text me to turn it down!

Wow, I thought my cinema room was awesome, this is even more impressive, absolutely superb work.

Absolutely gorgeous, congratulations on a fantastic job.

I think your room is what the expression “We’re not worthy” was invented for :thumbsup:

Just a little update, finally have the Buttkicker that I purchased from @mkohman fitted along with a Behringer DSP1000 Amp.

Here's a quick picture of it bolted to the side of the main seat in the front row. I know optimal installation is vertically, but horizontal is the way it is and it works just great. Took me a while to work out why it didn't seem to be working at first, but I was only running off 1 channel of the DSP1000 and it doesn't move without a minimum of 400W through it, so I had to bridge the amp and whack it up pretty much full to get it going properly.

IMG_0762.JPG

Been meaning to try this out for a while too.... Pretty poor job of matching up photo's, but I think not withstanding the red carpet (that was never a likelyhood, just made the renders easier to see), I think it's pretty much come out as expected!!!!

View attachment 1063625

Indeed, it's quite close! Congratulations, the room is looking very beautiful.
I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Crikey, over two years since I've posted on my own thread! Just sent a link for some other people to see and realised that I never put the final pictures up!!! How out of order is that!

Anyhow, here are the final images shared with the CI for their website. Project was a complete success in my eyes. It's a dream come true for me and I've spent many hours in here, watching films, listening to music, working on my laptop from home.

Just recently I re-did the RGBW lighting on the ceiling and put it into some aluminium mounting strips with a diffuser to help provide a uniform glow on the ceiling (you can see in one of the images below it's a bit wavy in the corners and on some other parts) because the rebated area is covered in fabric and doesn't give a solid line to the glow which has been bothering me. At the same time, I finally got the black paint to do those two bits of skirting on the base traps at the rear of the room! Only two years on!

No upgrade-itus has struck thus far either!

Rayleigh HiFi 1.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 2.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 3.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 4.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 6.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 7.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 8.jpg
Rayleigh HiFi 9.jpg

Crikey, over two years since I've posted on my own thread! Just sent a link for some other people to see and realised that I never put the final pictures up!!! How out of order is that!

Anyhow, here are the final images shared with the CI for their website. Project was a complete success in my eyes. It's a dream come true for me and I've spent many hours in here, watching films, listening to music, working on my laptop from home.

Just recently I re-did the RGBW lighting on the ceiling and put it into some aluminium mounting strips with a diffuser to help provide a uniform glow on the ceiling (you can see in one of the images below it's a bit wavy in the corners and on some other parts) because the rebated area is covered in fabric and doesn't give a solid line to the glow which has been bothering me. At the same time, I finally got the black paint to do those two bits of skirting on the base traps at the rear of the room! Only two years on!

View attachment 1478586View attachment 1478587View attachment 1478588View attachment 1478589View attachment 1478591View attachment 1478592View attachment 1478593View attachment 1478594
Absolutely stunning room, congratulations Barry :thumbsup: If you're interested in the other ButtKicker, let me know I may post it up for sale soon as it's been out of use for over a year now since I have 8 x 18's in my room and two which are directly behind the sofa :)

Last edited:

View attachment 1478586View attachment 1478587View attachment 1478588View attachment 1478589View attachment 1478591View attachment 1478592View attachment 1478593View attachment 1478594
Absolutely stunning what a dream cinema and something we all would love to have well done enjoy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom