Baseball demo?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Synchronicity, May 3, 2007.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Has anyone else tried the baseball demo?I tried it last night and it looks like it could have some potential.The demo is 2 player so worth a look but I find it practically impossible to hit the dam ball.There seems to be a lot more to the game than first appears and although Im not a fan of baseball this does seem like it could be a good laugh in multiplayer.

2. Winchy

Winchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I looked for this on Monday and couldn't find it, is it a US Store exclusive?

3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Yeah I think so,they seem to get loads of stuff we dont in the UK so I registered a US account last week.

From what I could gather from the quick game I had last night the swing of the bat is done with the sixaxis thing but I couldnt for the life of me hit the ball:rotfl: The graphics are not too bad either and seeing as I am seriously lacking decent multiplayer games(not online)this might be worth a look.

First rule of console ownership is you must have a collection of games that can be played by you and a few mates after a few beers:lesson:

4. iceman666

iceman666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have the full game and its great. You can choose a different hitting style if you want. Either classic mode, which involves pressing the x button to swing and aiming with the left analog stick, or swing stick, which involves pulling back on the left stick and pushing forward to swing (think Tiger Woods game).

Also you might find it hard to hit the ball sometimes as a pitcher has different pitches that he throws. A standard fastball will be thrown straight and fast, but the pitcher could throw a pitch called a change up which looks like a fastball but is about 10-15 mph slower, resulting in mis-timing. Also the pitcher will often throw the ball outside the strike zone, making it impossible to hit them. If you swing and miss its a strike, so the key is to be patient and wait for a good pitch to hit. I use the swing stick as it feels more like your swinging the bat and in control. Keep practising and you'll be hitting home runs in no time.