Barth's Surround Setup

Bartholin-01

Standard Member
Im currently saving up for the last parts of my 2nd surround sound setup.

My first surround sound system was a "package solution" to a low budget from Yamaha.
The Yamaha package included a surround receiver, i believe it was called the 354 and the Yamaha NS-125F Speakers.

I bought this setup when i was at the age of 15, 4 years ago.

With DTS-HD Ma, and True HD being released i felt like i needed to upgrade my system.

So i went to the store and got the Onkyo TX NR-807.
Few weeks later i got the Dali Lektor 6 front speakers, and after hearing them at home i realized i had to own a complete 5.1 Lektor setup.

I also decided to get a tv-stand. However i couldn't really find what i was looking for, so i started to design one my self.
I came up with a bunch of different designs, however i chose to build this.
attachment.php

I designed it so that the Dali Lektor LCR and the Blu Rays would fit perfect.

When i was designing the setup i had the Onkyo 807 reciever, Dali Lektor 6 front speakers. And my brothers consoles.
At that time i wannet the Dali Lektor LCR and the Dali Lektor 1 for surround.

But I ended up buying the Dali Lektor LCR and the Dali Lektor Subwoofer.
So i currently use my old Yamaha NS-125F as surround speakers, and it works fine for now.

Now Im saving up for 2x Dali Lektor 1, New 40"+ Samsung TV. And a decent HTPC. But lets see what i can afford - hopefully im moving out sometime this year :)

This is what it looks like now:
attachment.php

As you can see im in serious need of a larger TV :D

Attachments

• TV-Stand.jpg
    TV-Stand.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,590
  • DSC00373.jpg
    DSC00373.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,686
Last edited:

Vicarious_Eyes

Respect from a fellow Dali lover! I bought my Lektor's based on their superior musical performance, but the full surround with my Arcam sounds glorious (arguably, comparatively better than music). The LCR is also great, bloody huge speaker!

How do those 6's sound in stereo mode? And how do you find the Onkyo paired with the speakers? My only criticism is that they are a tad unkind to poor source material (and I seriously need to fix the acoustics in my new house!)

Just realised you're still a teenager - who needs life savings eh! ;-)

Bartholin-01

Standard Member
Respect from a fellow Dali lover! I bought my Lektor's based on their superior musical performance, but the full surround with my Arcam sounds glorious (arguably, comparatively better than music). The LCR is also great, bloody huge speaker!

How do those 6's sound in stereo mode? And how do you find the Onkyo paired with the speakers? My only criticism is that they are a tad unkind to poor source material (and I seriously need to fix the acoustics in my new house!)

Just realised you're still a teenager - who needs life savings eh! ;-)

True, who needs life savings? :D
Well, i need one more exam, and then i'm done with my gymnasium studies.
Now im gonna take a year where i work and just try something new. - So hopefully i wont go poor :D
Afterwards i will start at the university.

The 6's sound very good, also during stereo. Especially after buying the subwoofer.
Considering the budget and the weigh of the speakers they perform excellent.

However i cant wait to move out. (I bet my future neighbors will love me :rolleyes:) The acoustics of our TV room is horrible - different kinds of slope walls all over.
It really became clear to me how bad the acoustics are, when i moved my first surround sound set to my girlfriends' living room. They sound so much better there then they did when they were in our TV room :p

AndyCob

Like the stand have been trying to buy something almost exactly like that and having the same problem as you of not finding one, that's quite right without going custom.

Mind if I ask for build details? as to how? where you got the bits etc? and costs?

That looks like black mdf rather than painted?

:lease:

Bartholin-01

Standard Member
Well, i made the basic design first.
Then i went to "Silvan" and checked what materials they had. This is a "black furniture mdf"
I chose the 1,6cm and altered the design a bit to make everything fit.
Silvan just needed the all the measures to cut em for me. So actually i just put the pieces together. ;D

I think it cost me about 200$ - I live in Denmark, so the prices might not be the same ;D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom