1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bargins : sony fq75, fs76, panasonic ph40, and pl1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by edd, Apr 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. edd

edd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    costco had these in derby :

28" sony fq75 £704
    36" fs76 1400 ish
    32" panasonic ph40 £822 ( i bought this one)
    32" panasonic pl1 (think it was this one, 50hz flat screen) £800

all include a 3 year warrenty :)

edd

:clap: :clap: :clap:

2. poinsy

poinsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much research, i went to get my PH40 last night from CostCo in Oldham - they had all gone :mad: There is only 1 left - in, wait for it - Edinburgh !!!

edd - is the TV good in your opinion ? I have heard a few negative things regarding the digital processing on fast moving images.

Anyway, backto the drawing board, doubt I'll beat that bargain as it was £1095 in John Lewiss

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've just sent you a PM re my 6506 and just in case you don't get it in time,as I've only just got it from 1am this morning,I'm still more than happy with it.

I just had to turn the Contrast down,as it is set too high.

Can't really fault it.

:clap:

4. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Poinsy,

I have the sony FQ70, very impressed with the quality and picture stability. No image smearing/trails etc. Looks great as well.

Had a pixel plus b4, the image on this was excellent, very detailed, although it had the infamous dark bars. The extra processing caused trails around moving objects and sometimes made the picture look unnatural. The longer I had it the more the halo's/trails/artifacting annoyed me.

Re, the sony buzzing problem. My set only buzzes for a few minutes when you switch it on then it goes.

Think you can get it now for about £950.

Paul

:clap: