bargain plus U3's!!!!!!

Hi Adam

Just out of interest, where did you see these advertised?

I´ve just started to look into projectors and am considering all sorts.

cheers
jase

Buns

That is cheap!

I haven't used this model but I do use a Philips UGO-S at work, which is axactly the same, and what would say is that it has a noisy fan and that the bulb life is only 1000h. It doesn't have a zoom lense either, but thats no problem really!

Then we come to the DLP Rainbow! I can not see it myself, and maybe you can not either, but when you are showing off your system to your mates, they might!

But, yeah! That's cheap!! Where did you see it and do they have other projector at these kind of prices?

Meat

i have a u2-870 - dlp, you can buy that if you want ;) - i cant live with the rainbow effect anymore, demo before you buy, try black and white scenes and quick shifting or busy scenes

Mike

I am looking at 'A-V sales'. the page which lists all their projectors is, http://www.av-sales.com/html/data_video_projectors_by_name.html
As I say, I know very little about this projector, or its elder brothers, but for this price it seems incredible! HCC seemed to like the machine when they tested it. Oh, I looked at the stats and apparently it DOES have digital zoom. I am very interested to know how it compares with the sony or sanyo that everyone likes so much?

Out of interest, i saw they Sim ht projector very briefly....i cant say i noticed any horrible effects....but i didnt look very closely.....is the rainbow effect something that will strike you immediately or is it something you have to look for?

Adam

ps. u may like to know that av sales are happy to give discount on group orders if that is useful.

In case anyone remains to be interested, I have been checking up on the '880. According to both the supplier and the maker, the projector does in fact have a manual focus.....not zoom lens, which may, as indicated be a problem (sorry for doubting whoever mentioned that!). In my case that just means that I have to buy a screen to match the projector!

My biggest worry is that the '880 may only accept interlaced video as suggested by one individual on the avsforum. Does anyone know better than this? For me this would rule out this projector altogether because it is then so limited in its upgradeability.

Adam

Alas,tis true,the Plus U3's cannot cope with progressive scan video.Rumours abound that their new home cinema projector(which may retail at sub£2000 )cannot accept progressive scan either which seems a bit daft.

It is things like that that really make me want to swear! You really would think that that is a point we may like to know! And just to converge on a separate thread....it would also have been nice if HCC would tell us these things in their reviews! They dont even mention the lack of zoom!

Looks like it is back to the drawing board! Thats the sanyo/toshiba board i mean!

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom