Bargain Panny DMRES20 in Newcastle Curry's

Toonaroond

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that Currys in the Metro Centre has an ex-display DMRES20 for sale at £130.00 - it's boxed and complete with remote and instructions. From what i could see it was in excellent condition so quite a bargain!

This is the previous model to the new DMRES25 and the main differences are that it doesn;t have an HDMI connection or a SD card slot as the new model does.

I have one of these already and I think they were about £200 originally so I'd recommend it at this price - hurry, hurry!

Oh, I didn't say that it has built in Freeview and records to just about every format including DVD RAM

Richer sounds only have their chipped version now and they have put the price up to two hundred quid! Just shows that they are a sought after box.

£169.99 in argos can be made multiregion for £20 by special remote wont record to dvd+rw i returned mine as tuner went faulty but excellent picture best thing is you can watch freeview via component :cool: going to buy panasonics new recorder though which has hdmi and upscales

Well, I have two Panasonic '20s, but one them had to be replaced in less than a month because the drive packed up. The box is OK for a budget device, but on both of my boxes I get a pronounced digital 'pop' when using optical audio out into my amp. whenever I press 'play' - a known Panasonic issue according to my dealer.

The timer facility is quite good, because you can pad the start/finish times, but the lack of DVD+RW recording is a nuisance, as is having format DVD-RW disks before they can be used.

The on-board analogue tuner is a nice plus point though - handy as a backup, although I haven't had to use it thus far.

Would I buy one again? Probably not. I prefer my Sony DVD recorders. Although there's no real way to pad the times on Sony boxes, the Panasonics seem cheap in comparison, which of course I suppose that they are.

I'm not too convinced about the overall reliability of Panasonic gear in any event. I had to have the LCD panel on my Panasonic TV replaced as it failed after only 15 months, one of my Panasonic recorders failed after a month and a Panasonic vacuum cleaner that we had (OK, not exactly hi-fi) caught fire whilst my wife was using it. On that basis, I doubt if I'll buy Panasonic again. It seems that people in the PVR forum are also having problems with their new 75/85 HDD recorders too. Hmmm.

Clem

Clem, well it's all about opinions and I've got to say that I payed £140 for my Panny and it's the best 140 quid I've ever spent on anything with a plug!

Clem_Dye said:
I'm not too convinced about the overall reliability of Panasonic gear in any event. I had to have the LCD panel on my Panasonic TV replaced as it failed after only 15 months, one of my Panasonic recorders failed after a month and a Panasonic vacuum cleaner that we had (OK, not exactly hi-fi) caught fire whilst my wife was using it. On that basis, I doubt if I'll buy Panasonic again. It seems that people in the PVR forum are also having problems with their new 75/85 HDD recorders too. Hmmm.
Clem

Sorry to hear that, I've had no problems at all with Panasonic gear at all over the last 15 years (2 VCR's & now the aforementioned ES20) As for Philips, that make+myself = Unreliablity & expensive repairs out of warranty :thumbsdow only philips gear I'll buy now are their shavers. :lesson:

No problem with Panasonic DVD recorders. I have four of them including the ES20D. My E85H is now over two years old. All these machines are working well and use them for transferring VHS tapes to DVD. Not bothered about DVD-RW or DVD+RW as I only use the re-recordable DVD-RAM discs in addition to DVD-R.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom