1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargain online printing 15p a print!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by harry66, Jan 16, 2003.

1. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Just got back 30 piccies from www.bonusprint.com - impressed with the quality considering the price is only 15p each + 70p postage per order.

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Jessops do that in the shop!!!

3. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Sorry I should have been more specific but seeing as how this was a Digital Camera section I didnt mention ..

Thats 15p each for DIGITAL prints!
    Jessops charge from 34p each. Most other online digital print companies charge at least 30p per Digital print. The upload software is basic but easy to use.

4. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    jessops charge 15p each for 40 DIGITAL prints, ones that come from a digital camera!!!

5. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Doh!Doh!Doh!Doh! :clown:

Feel like a proper Homer! Just read in PCW mag about Jessops new service! You are absolutely right! 15p a print for 40 or more.

I originally posted this item after checking various online print sites. I saw that most online print sites (including Jessops pixology service) were charging around 34p or more per print and BonusPrint were only asking 15p with no minimum requirement.

Will have to pop into the local Jessops and get more info.

6. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Harry, from what I was told it depends on your local jessops.

They have to have a lab capable of doing digital and they still take 3 days. (I think this is so that they can do digital in overnight batches and use the machine for 1hr analogue service...but thats a guess). They should accept any media (smart cards, CD etc) but im not sure if they use the exif or pdof (or whatever the embedded data is called). Have yet to use the service, justknow its available.

In terms of speed/price they are no different from a web service, the main difference being that you dont need broadband to upload!!!! SOme of us still havent got broadband!!

Judging by this drop in price and their web pricemath policy on new cameras I think they are going all out to capture the digital market!

Thats all good news for us!!

7. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    I've used Jessop's kiosks for a while now. you just pop in a CD or memory card and select which pictures you want to print. I save mine as jpeg, resized to 3:2 in photoshop.

Sometimes I've gotten borders on my prints which I think is a bug in the kiosks with a certain print size and I've got round it now, but the prints in general are good quality. And I always try to wait until I've got at least 40 to get the cheap prints.

And never choose 'reprints' because they cost a fortune. Just choose Normal D&P (don't know the difference with digital)