Bargain mains conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregoo

Hi all I have just bought a Tacima CS929 mains six sockets conditioner for £24.99 in the Maplins sale.I hooked it up to my home system and the results were very pleasing ! it is in the sale until tomorrow .I think at one time it was £40 and what Hi-Fi gave it 5 stars.My opinion is at £24.99 go and buy one now you will not be sorry.Its one of those up grades for the money made me smile...
All the best Greg
ps..Sale ends tuesday 4/9/07..

Gregoo

Hi. I presume that you went and bought one .After 24 hours I am very happy with my Tacima,It has made a difference to my system too the sound is clearer plus other little sound effects are more pronounced.
All the best Greg..

BrianPK

The only reason this thread isn't bristling with postings of"rubbish,rubbish" is that people think you are trying to provoke them.
I am open minded on this subject but most people on this forum have very set opinions on mains cables and conditioners and they tend to be very negative.......but if you are happy with your purchase...

Danrv

Standard Member
Haven't bought one yet but I have a large Maplins store near me.
I'll get one if they're still £24.99.

Reuben.F

Banned
Hi all I have just bought a Tacima CS929 mains six sockets conditioner for £24.99 in the Maplins sale.I hooked it up to my home system and the results were very pleasing ! it is in the sale until tomorrow .I think at one time it was £40 and what Hi-Fi gave it 5 stars.My opinion is at £24.99 go and buy one now you will not be sorry.Its one of those up grades for the money made me smile...
All the best Greg
ps..Sale ends tuesday 4/9/07..

Thanks for the tip, i've just ordered one off their website, i was going to buy a much more expensive Belkin PureAV conditioner but this will have to do for now- (the missus would kill me this time :rolleyes:

Reuben

Reuben.F

Banned
The only reason this thread isn't bristling with postings of"rubbish,rubbish" is that people think you are trying to provoke them.
I am open minded on this subject but most people on this forum have very set opinions on mains cables and conditioners and they tend to be very negative.......but if you are happy with your purchase...

Clearly it goes beyond just mains cables and its becoming rather annoying, i really don't understand some of the attitude around here.

kushtibari

I use one of these as well - hard to say if there was a noticeable difference in the sound, although I thought it sounded a wee bit better. Was it in my mind or not? Haven't a bloody clue, but given what I've spent on some of my odds and ends it was worth it for the surge protection as much as owt else.

Gregoo

When I first tried this conditioner .I kept swapping back to my old surge protector and then back to the Tacima and playing the same part of a Lord of the rings DVD .The result of this test was that for the first time one word that I could never make out became clear.A result for £24.99 up grade,plus other little bits of music also became clearer.Now I do not claim a huge increase in performance.But a the price in my book I'm a winner !
All the best Greg..

Arfa

Picked one of these up on Tuesday, just for the hell, even if I am a bit of a mains cable sceptic. Maplin have been reduced them to £25 on a few occasions in the past. Missed the last reduced period, so here goes. Did it make any difference? I'm not sure. It certainly ain't night and day. To be honest the only difference I suspect it makes, is with my turntable. This kind of makes sense as its motor runs directly off mains, with little (if any) filtering. However its difficult to say for sure.

Still at £25, treat it like a slightly overpriced surge protector albeit a well made one; if it improves things for you (either physically or psychologically) then bonus!

corpus_chain

Standard Member
I have a couple of the Tacimas and I quite like them. I wouldn't say the sound has "improved", but I have noticed that background noise has disappeared. Previously, I could hear some buzzing and humming, but is erased by the mains conditioners.

Adam Shaw

I have just spoken to a guy who sells IEC mains leads (thats a kettle lead in laymans terms) for $2,500 each. I have heard improvements from some mains conditioners, and some units can make an improvement to your system. If you get one at a good price, than all the better, but I do think that $2500 for a power lead is just stupid.

Sniper

I have just spoken to a guy who sells IEC mains leads (thats a kettle lead in laymans terms) for $2,500 each. I have heard improvements from some mains conditioners, and some units can make an improvement to your system. If you get one at a good price, than all the better, but I do think that $2500 for a power lead is just stupid.

The way i see it - a main conditioner has a small chance of making a small difference on "budget" equipment - the good stuff won't need further "cleaning" of mains supply.

BUT Main cables - now that's just a joke .... stuff manufacturers make up for rich ppl do dump their money on! ... right so the power comes thru' miles of wire for the power stations .... into you home ... and just before reaching your stuff - you pass it thru this ultra low resistance low capacitance low noise CABLE !!! AS IF!

alexs2

Distinguished Member
OK...this topic has been done to death in the cables section,and will not be going that way here.

The intention of the OP was to alert people to a relatively cheap mains filter with which he is very happy,and mentioned nothing about mains cables.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom