1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargain Hunters Warning

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chilly, Jan 29, 2004.

1. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following an experience recently by a freind, I make reference to the many posts regarding purchases from the likes of Komplett and other overseas set ups, the equipment is usually fine and does not matter if it is intended for another countries market as long as the voltage is correct and it will output the desired format, however for all you perfection hunters out there ( it doesnt exist ) who will gladly send back unit after unit in a search for a dead pixel free unit, please be aware that the distance selling act applies only to the UK, also many companies are not governed by English Law should you need to take legal action, this results in your only comeback being with the maunufacturer in which case you will need an International or Worldwide warranty, I stand to be corrected but from my freinds experience it is easy for your purchase to go horribly wrong.

2. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    If it goes horribly wrong you're covered. Komplett are a big firm with no customer service issues that I'm worried about.

I'd deal with them without any worries.

Look at it this way, you buy from Komplett for £1100, or you buy from UK High St for £1500. That £400 is a damn expensive warranty if all you're worried about is the distance selling act.

Andy

3. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My point was simple, in my freinds case the PJ arrived damaged and the seller denied liability, so therefore no distance selling act and no UK law compliance resulted in a headache with no exchange and no refund, even the credit card company were not liable because of the overseas purchase contract.

4. wither2000

wither2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Chilly,

Did your friend buy from Komplett or from another internet store? You should not be afraid to name and shame companies that treat the customers like your friend was treated.

Ian.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Spoiling thread perhaps?
    If your friend is so aggravated why doesn't he post in person?
    Plenty of people on here with no problems sources projectors outwith this country.

Like the man said name the company in question : if it isn't Komplett why drag them into it?

6. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thread is certainly not a spoiling thread as mentioned, purely a warning to others, the rules of the forum state what you can say about others and specifically ask not to name and shame, I am not happy to breach these rules, as I stated in the first instance, this thread is intended as a warning, your consumer rights are not the same in any other foreign counry as they are in the UK, I personally have no association with any UK seller nor grievance with an overseas seller, if you do not agree with my point then that is fine.

7. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I dont think it's outwith the rules of this forum, excuse me if I'm wrong, to name any company who fails to live up to expectations.

As long as the facts are stated honestly and no untruths or exagerations.....some would say "Spin" put on the case.

Unless of course your name happens to be HUTTON.....sorry...way off topic.:D

8. beng

beng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Chilly - I think this seems like a spoiler thread because your points are just very obvious. This forum is chock full of people who order from companies outside of the UK all the time. They are aware of the risks they take. This isn't a forum (to the best of my knowledge) populated by children. You are talking mostly to irrational adults consumed by a crazy AV upgarde virus (that the WHO seem to ignore).