bargain - harmony 555 45 quid at amazon!

Yeh I ordered one last week from them, arrived yesterday :smashin: . Looks very nice, only have to wait till christmas to play with it :thumbsup:

Excellent - ordered one for me as my present from my Dad - cant wait till it arrives so I can wrap it for me to open on Christmas day! :rolleyes:

Got mine the other day and after playing you won't be disapointed controls my HD box, LG plasma, and Panny cinema system with no issues

Well worth it:thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for that.

Its a really good price.

Waited one day as I was trying to find a promo/discount code for the site and the price came down further by £2 so even more of a bargain.

Thanks guys :clap:

I ordered one of these from Pixmania and it was dispatched on the 8th Dec according to their emails. However parcel force haven't yet received the package as it is getting shipped from overseas. Something to watch out for if your considering this and hoping to receive it quick. Has anyone else had similar problems with Pixmania before?

I ordered one of these from Pixmania and it was dispatched on the 8th Dec according to their emails. However parcel force haven't yet received the package as it is getting shipped from overseas. Something to watch out for if your considering this and hoping to receive it quick. Has anyone else had similar problems with Pixmania before?

thats really strange, as mine was orderd on the friday and arrived on the monday.

I guess mine may have been held up at customs or something then, bad luck for me :(

I am waiting for one that I ordered last week - got the despatch email on Sunday. Ordered through Amazon.

edit - now showing as "out for delivery" with Parcelforce.:D

These are getting shipped from France by the look of things. Mine was being shipped by DHL, it was picked up yesterday and according to DHL it was delivered today, which if true is excellent service.

The bottom line, postal is chaos at this time of year, so patience is required.

Also ordered one of these on the 17th (Sunday) - Look at order tracking, it has been despatched, and I have a tracking number too, so fingers crossed I should get it this week.

@CG_Gordon - Id chase them - it seems strange that Parcleforce say they haven't got it.

Thanks for the replys, unfortunatley for me it seems to be an isolated problem. Pixmania haven't emailed me back yet, parcel force need confirmation that PIxmania they sent the package and the shipping code. I'm not really in a desperate rush for it either, I went for it because it seemed like very good value for money. It is a little worring that it has been held up for so long now though. I'll try calling Pixmania tomorrow morning and hopefully get it sorted out. :rolleyes:

Mine has arrived today. Ordered Monday.

Not too bad would have expected slight quicker saying I paid £4 but its Christmas so I guess delivery companies are a little snowed under.

:thumbsup:

Just a quick update - my remote got lost in the post, I called pixmania who were very helpful indeed and swiftly set about launching an investigation as to where it went. They got in touch with me today and offered me a refund or a resend. Very good customer service in my opinion hopefully the new remote will arrive shortly after xmas. I wouldn't worry if your planning on ordering one.

i had major problems with them this time last year too, in the same circumstances, ordered a camera from pixmania at start of december for GF present, hadn't arrived in time for xmas regardless of constant phone/email attempts. cancelled order day or two before xmas only for it to turn up a day or two after new year. Since that fiasco, i've avoided Pixmania like the plague!!

:thumbsup: Got the 555 on Thursday, so excellent service from Pixmania, 3 days from order to delivery in N.Ireland.

Anyway my thoughts on the remote control:

The quality is better than expected, it feels good, most of the buttons are solid and easy to use.

It is extremely easy to set up, I set it up for my Toshiba 37WLT66, Thomson Sky+ box, Teac Amp and PS2 in no time at all, some minor adjustments required, but overall it was extremely easy.

Now for the downside, the number buttons are at the bottom of the remote that makes them difficult to get at, they are small and too close together, which is a major pain for changing sky channels.

Overall a:thumbsup: good remote control for £45, but the number buttons are a pain.

Cheers

Mine arrived from Pixmania yesterday too - like the previous posts I expect slight delay caused by the xmas rush.

Just waiting to rip that packet open now - its an present for me, so cant touch it yet!

:thumbsup: order mine on Tuesday and it turned up yesterday morning which is nice - got it for the xmas break.

great value and service

got it all programmed now - a bit frustrated by it at first but that was down to me trying to get it all done without any learning - just wanted to get it done as soon as poss.

and i've got a Pana PX60 so the input selection problem was a bit of a challenge. theres some good bits of info on this forum that helped me out though.

just got some 'tweaking' to do now. just to make it perfect.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom