Bargain Glass AV Stand

Stevie G

Do you know how high the shelves are? My AV amp is around 18cm high so need one that it will fit into, and the price of this one is excellent!

Cheers

Edit: Sod it! Looks a great price and only 2 left in stock so I've ordered it! Looking around the price varies from £90+ up to over £400! Won't dispached until Wednesday so it gives me a few days to try to find out the space between the shelves!

Goonerman, if you get yours in the next day or so would you mind reporting back with the shelf measurements and your thoughts! Cheers! ;)

G

Goonerman

Emanef said:
Do you know how high the shelves are? My AV amp is around 18cm high so need one that it will fit into, and the price of this one is excellent!

Cheers

Edit: Sod it! Looks a great price and only 2 left in stock so I've ordered it! Looking around the price varies from £90+ up to over £400! Won't dispached until Wednesday so it gives me a few days to try to find out the space between the shelves!

Goonerman, if you get yours in the next day or so would you mind reporting back with the shelf measurements and your thoughts! Cheers! ;)
Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, sory but I won't be setting it up straight away as I'm re-decorating first! It's my own fault, been putting it off for ages and it's holding up buying a plasma.:oops:

Stevie G

Ah, ok! Well if you get the chance to actually open it up would you mind measuring the legs for their heights! It should be ok anyway, just thought I should check if I could!

Cheers!

Paulie-W

I`ve got the smaller one 1000mm wide, but i would assume the height is the same. So bottom to middle is 24cm, and middle to top is 17cm.

Stevie G

I received delivery of mine today and just set it up... all I can say is wow! and thanks to the OP for the nod! Well pleased with it! I'll take pics when I've got the telly and stuff on it! ;)

G

Goonerman

Emanef said:
I received delivery of mine today and just set it up... all I can say is wow! and thanks to the OP for the nod! Well pleased with it! I'll take pics when I've got the telly and stuff on it! ;)
You're welcome. Guess what, mine turned up with only 2 legs and the box was completely mashed. It was picked up on Tuesday and I'm now waiting for the replacement. This is all very frustrating as I had planned to have it all and running by today as I've just taken delivery of my shiney new PHD8 and got nothing to stand it on:mad:

Ah well, in fairness to ebuyer they didn't quibble and arranged pick up asap after easter and I suppose I've spent weeks deciding on the PHD8 so a few more days isn't the end of the world........it just seems like it.

Glad you're happy with yours.

N

Number 6

Been looking at the ATACAMA Europa range but stumbled across these on good old Ebuyer

Anyone had any problems with these?

Cheers

R

Stevie G

Number 6 said:
Been looking at the ATACAMA Europa range but stumbled across these on good old Ebuyer

Anyone had any problems with these?

Cheers

R
Nope! I'm well pleased with mine! :thumbs:

N

Number 6

Think I might give it a crack...Ebuyer stuff is normally cheap and cheerful.

Ta

R

stevogums

Paulie-W said:
I`ve got the smaller one 1000mm wide, but i would assume the height is the same. So bottom to middle is 24cm, and middle to top is 17cm.
When you say the smaller one is it this one
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/105133/product_info/rb/19780603913

Also will this one and the other larger one in this thread accomodate a 32" LCD...as in is ok for weight...?

Was looking at very similar stands in currys today..cheapest one being £180 ouch...

B517

does any one who bought this stand have a website for the manufacturers of the stand?
ive tried doing a lot of research on portability but cant find no website or phone number
so if anyone can please post here, thanks:smashin:

stevogums

P

porkamoo

I got the biggest one (for 42" TVs) yesterday and all I can say is that its got to be the bargain of the century, I am astounded by the quality for £60 all in. Took me about 15 mins to build it and it looks the dogs. Very sturdily constructed with high quality glass. Just need my 50" sagem dlp which arrives on Sunday and I'll be all set.:thumbsup:

N

Number 6

:D

1 leg missing though :( gutted!

Especially as I'm getting the new lcd tomorrow.

Unfortunately didn't open until ebuyer have gone home for the day...darn!

Will have to see how quickly ebuyer deal with it tomorrow...

The bits I have got look pretty impressive for the price. Nice thick glass for the shelves. Certainly comparable to a lot of more expensive stands I've seen. The legs supports (Well the one's I have) :rolleyes: whilst not up there with optimum or atacama are certainly comparable to a lot of stands in the £200+ range...

Will have to see the quality and stability when I get the missing leg...

R

stevogums

Set my stand up from Ebuyer last week..
Stunning value for £50...easily worth it...
Sturdy construction and looks the part...highly reccomended....
Takes all my equipment easily with room for more...which i will need no doubt in the future...
http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/105134/rb/20284526884

TeeDoubleUDee

Novice Member
Hi guys, can someone tell me the thickness of the top shelf please. I'm looking for 10mm as I want to put a 32" CRT on one. Thanks. :lease:

TeeDoubleUDee

Novice Member
Thanks Paulie - nice pic. Certainly looks good value for money :thumbsup:

Paulie-W

TeeDoubleUDee said:
Thanks Paulie - nice pic. Certainly looks good value for money :thumbsup:
No worries. They`re bloody heavy, so be careful when you start to hump the thing around.

TeeDoubleUDee

Novice Member
So how heavy is it going to be with my Panasonic CRT (58kg) plus 4 pieces of AV equipment - think I'd better sign up at the gym :D

Seriously though, I have been looking for something on castors. Believe it or not my current set up has all the above in/on the supplied pana cabinet and can be moved around on it's wheels even on piled carpet. Guess I'll just have to make sure once it's in place I never have to move it again (till I move house!) :suicide:

So why change? Because you can fry an egg on top of the 1920 - or at least you could if you could squeeze one in the 1cm gap!

Terry

dapex

Novice Member
Would any one here be so kind as to help me out? I am serioualy considering buying one of these stands but I need to know how much room i will loose at the back when I put it into a corner, could anyone please measure the width on the back of the unit? I know the overall width but looking at how it angles towards the back i presume the rear is smaller then the front???

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sonus faber announces Maxima Amator speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL announces new soundbars for UK TV consumers
  • By Andy Bassett