1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargain DVD's

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by chris110, Jan 10, 2004.

1. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been using these forums but have only felt the need to register and contribute today.

While surfing I found this site removed and have to say the prices are very reasonable, and the delivery is supurb. I ordered yesterday about midday, and it was delivered today recorded delivery. The packaging is great and the DVD itself is great too.

I paid £8 for the film plus £1.95 delivery. When ordering be careful because some of the films arent brillian quality, but the films are rated either A (perfect quality) or B (slightly imperfect).

I ordered finding nemo for a tenner delivered and all films are region 0 so no need to worry about that.

EDIT: Ok so maybe it wasnt such a smart move :thumbsdow

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    sounds naughty to me :nono:

3. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i thought this at first so I contacted them before I ordered and got this reply:

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    me too.

Chris I'm not trying to bash your post, I'm sure you were just trying to help but notice in the guy's post he says nothing about the legality of the DVDs. DVDs with black and white sections and captions are normally screener DVDs used for awards consideration. They are not for sale.

I think it's pretty clear that while many of the DVDs this place sells may be of good quality, they are not llegal products, as in licensed by the studios.

You can get many films at similar prices in R3 from CD-WOW and a number of other supppliers which are legal and will be at least as good quality as what you are buying and frequently up to the standard of the R1 releases.

5. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    sounds really naughty to me

6. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oopsie, ok point taken, I did however find the site because it was linked on another site which I believed to be quite a reliable source. :suicide:

7. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Chris if you edit your 1st post you can remove the url, save the mods a problem

8. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, have done, sorry about all that.

just so you know, it is listed on most sites, the one i got it from was http://dvd-film.shopeyes.co.uk which lists lots of online retailers.

9. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,427
    Other sites which list it are more interested in having a link exchange or simply don't check their links. They don't give a damn about morals or the legitimacy of such sites.
    We are quite different.
    Not a wonderful experience for a first post ! :)
    Don't let it deter you.

10. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,115
    Loads of dodgy sites out there nowadays selling hooky DVD's (ebay anyone) ;)
    Just for info Chris if you haven't spotted it already! There is a sticky in DVD Talk (first forum on this site) entitled Recommended DVD Retailers that as you might expect lists all the retailers people on this site have had good experiences with, check em out, loads of bargains to be had :smoke:

11. oatmeal

oatmeal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Home of the worst postal system in the world.
    Ratings:
    +15
    I notice in the reply from that site that they omit to mention the discs come without any extras, even the 'good' counterfeits like Swat. The extras menu on that one is there but all the links are dead ends.
    DVDs are so cheap these days I don't see the point of this kind of crud. Even if you want a very early release you can buy a R1 DVD at full price and then sell it here a week later and lose no more than £2 all in.
    I doubt anyone could trade on these counterfeits very easily so if you don't like the film your rather stuck.

12. dave_b9000

dave_b9000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    unfortunately with dvds so cheap and easy to produce the only way we are going to stop the pirates is if nobody buys them.

For all of us in the know, who buy legal dvds at reasonable to excellent prices from online suppliers i agree with oatmeal, there is no need to buy these pirate copies, unfortunatly there is still a great number of people who buy from the high street stores and quite rightly grudge paying £20 for a dvd so many of them will probably be quite happy to chance their luck with some bootlegs from their local car boot sale.

There are a great many legal bargains to be had online, and like oatmeal if I buy a film I don't want to keep I sell it on and either break even or only loose a couple of quid which is the equivilent of having rented it.