1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargain bedroom LCD?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sanderr2, Sep 8, 2005.

1. sanderr2

sanderr2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to capitalise on the new slew of HDTV ready TVs to get a bargain wall mountable LCD for the bedroom (ideally 32"). As it will be a second TV, it doesn't need to be particularly leading edge ie we'll be looking straight at it in a darkened room so viewing angle or glare are unlikely to be issues - it will probably be used for analogue TV, Sky and the odd DVD. Any suggestions out there - the Toshiba 32WL56 is on sale for £900 - it's HDTV ready and crucially it's only 10cm thick so it looks like a good bet. Any views or alternatives (including plasma) that might be even better value for money?

2. Moogrose

Moogrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    LG 32LX2R

3. sanderr2

sanderr2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK at 13 cm the LG32LXR2 is thin (which is after all pretty important for wall hanging in a bedroom) but it's also £100+ more expensive than the Toshiba. The much praised Samsung LE32R41B "weighs" in at a decidely thick 25cm. So are there any other bedroom friendly (ie thinnish) bargains out there. Having read a few threads I guess HD-ready is a pre-requisitie - I would be using the TV for Sky+/HD and DVD playback but not gaming (unless the Mrs gets as hooked on Resident Evil 5 as she did on RE 4...). Thanks.

4. Paulando

Paulando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Doesn't the quoted '25cm' include the pedestal stand as well though? There's no way an LCD would be that thick.

5. ThePimpmaster

ThePimpmaster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Samsung isnt that thick. Its about 12 centimeters as well !

6. sanderr2

sanderr2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys - I guess some of the retailers may be a little bit careless with their dimensions even when they say theey're excluding the stand...