Bargain 2805 or bargain 1400?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TheeNoMaD, Oct 20, 2004.

1. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys

Still waiting on getting the perfect AV receiver for myself. But an interesting situation has come up that i feel peeps should know about. My local dealer where i have bought from in the past (speakers and dvd player) is closing down (the lease in town centre went up and it isnt worth them staying) However this has lead to some silly prices and because they i have bought from them in the past they have saved me two amps that are very good for a very good price. So my question is this Denon AVR-2805 or the Yamaha 1400rds for £450. I am swayed by the Denon because i like the way the 2105 sounded and this can only sound better, but i have never demo'ed a high end yammie.
    I have till next friday to decide as tat is when i get payed and im not sure how loong i will be able to hold my wad to buy one of these.
    As an outside bet there is the 2803 for £370 but i need auto setup as im a mutton head :zonked:

2. Falp

Falp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bargain 2805... :thumbsup:

3. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    I tried both and the 1400 won comfortably for AV duties, and just edged the Denon for 2-channel.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Im biased so will say the 1400. Especially for £450. IMHO which ever one you end up with will give you hours of listening pleasure :samshin:

5. dboo

dboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also looking to buy the 2805. Think you may be able to get it 4 me at that price too or at least give me their details so I can phone dem.

6. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possably but i have been going there for a while etc etc so you might be able to push for 500 or 550 maybe, certainly on the yammie. PM if you want the details because i still want one of em left for me ;-)

7. Dem

Dem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I picked up a 2805 last week from HiSpek for £556. No idea what it sounds like as it's a present for the family, so will have to wait until Christmas!

8. TallPaul

TallPaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The Yamaha V1400 seems to be in short reply by the way... HiSpek have none and say no more (shame, £550 was a good deal!). I managed to find one at a Sevenoaks locally, but ex-dem which put me off (as did 700 sheets), and think I found a good deal finally for about 600 boxed online (last one they had).

After years of no proper surround (no room for kit or budget) I am looking forward to the upgrade from the pro-logic in my old Sony TV!

Just need a few weeks on the speaker forum next to make that desicion :D

9. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ha ha good job TallPaul!

I have decided to settle ont he 2805 as every review of it is good and i havent found a review to the contrary. Its costing me £450 which isnt bad at all i feel. However it means that i will have to buy a denon dvd player as i like things to match. But i could get the 2105 and a 1910 for the £500 which is pretty good value and would mean less expense later but my opinion of the 2105 isn't great dispite what what hi-fi say. Dynamic my ass!