Bargain Expired Bargain: 10% OFF All items at LSound.eu

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use code BLACK10 to get 10% discount.

1. SVS SB-2000 - £535
2. SVS PC-2000 Gloss Black - £550
3. SVS PB-2000 and PC-2000 Black Ash - £590

Almost £70 to £150 cheaper than buying in the UK.

Just got my UPS shipping confirmation. So they do ship to the UK for free.

Last edited:
Hmm I thought they weren't allowed to sell SVS anymore to the UK.....
Oh well you got a real bargain there.

SVS SB12-NSD LIMITED EDITION BLACK ASH for £350 delivered... good deal?

Also, the PB-2000 is down to approximately the same price as the Monolith Plus.. how do these models compare to a Monolith Plus?

SVS SB12-NSD LIMITED EDITION BLACK ASH for £350 delivered... good deal?

Also, the PB-2000 is down to approximately the same price as the Monolith Plus.. how do these models compare to a Monolith Plus?
I went by the specs and what people feel in genera about these 2 raved about subs. So got the PC-2000 for a slightly lower price than the Monolith Plus.

i was looking there for a Ken Kreisel sub, but couldn't see any in the sub section?? Maybe (probably!) i'm just missing something..do you have an email addy for them?

I went by the specs and what people feel in genera about these 2 raved about subs. So got the PC-2000 for a slightly lower price than the Monolith Plus.

I've been giving this some serious consideration, and I think I'm going to go with the Monolith Plus, which also has free delivery this week. There is still a small part of me considering the sealed SB2000, but I will use it 95% for movies, and I think a ported sub will have a bigger impact in my room (15'x20').

I believe the SVS ported subs are probably slightly superior to the Monolith Plus, however, I am aware that ported subs can be more challenging to position in the room... if the space behind the TV is suitable then any sub would do, but if it needs to be in a more open position in the living room then I prefer the appearance of a Monolith in real wood oak veneer compared to an SVS sub. To be honest, I think we would be happy with either in terms of performance.

Don't forget that the Monolith Plus is a ported sub. I do agree that the real wood veneers on the BK Subs are nicer than Black ash Vinyl wrap. It's a shame that SVS don't offer the same.

Don't forget that the Monolith Plus is a ported sub. I do agree that the real wood veneers on the BK Subs are nicer than Black ash Vinyl wrap. It's a shame that SVS don't offer the same.

Yes, this is my exact point. In my first post here I was considering the Monolith Plus vs PB2000, which are both ported. With this 10% discount, they are both now pretty much the same price... I think the PB2000 is probably technically superior by a small margin, but the Monolith looks better. If I can't hide it behind the TV then I want the better looking one. Before buying one, I don't know which room positions will work, so there is a risk buying a ported sub, and these are a pain to return. I would happily have the Monolith positioned in open view, so the risk is reduced.

The PC2000 that lgans316 has ordered is also ported, and I certainly wouldn't want that tall cylinder out on display. The SB2000 is sealed, which is an option because placement is easier, and it should work hidden behind the TV, but I think I want ported for watching movies in my medium/large room.

Sorry I had misunderstood your post, it is a tough choice. Your room looks as though it would be a little too large for a sealed sub unless you were placing it near field. I agree with you about the tall cylinders, I couldn't imagine having one of them on show. The Monolith does look nicer, more like a coffee table, but some have found that it is easy to find its limits if they listen at high levels with certain films whereas the the DSP of the SVS subs seems to prevent this from happening.

Both are very capable subs and I am sure that you would be happy with either.

My room is 17ft x 17ft. Actually I live in an apartment. The Max I can go is -17dB. I know it is way below reference level but I wanted to elevate my HT experience and a decent deal on this sub, so had to pull the trigger.

Hoping that I don't receive any Asbos. [emoji1]

Received couple of hours back. Can't wait to go home and hook the sub.

Some pics of this massive sub. [emoji33]

Had to notch up the SW Level / Gain on my AVR from -4.5dB to +4.5dB to get some decent bass and to ensure that there is enough bass energy felt even at low volumes. Kitchen rumbled for the first time ever. Low end is heard properly. Nothing swallowed in F@@@ing Irene scene in Black Hawk Down. [emoji106]

Wondering if my old Tannoy sub would have sounded similar with the level increased by 8db. [emoji15]

Will give both subs a proper workout this weekend but I don't think it will be fair comparison when it comes to contents below 25Hz.

uploadfromtaptalk1447972187039.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1447972282068.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1447972294772.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1447972308667.jpg

Last edited:
Have you done re calibrated your avr? As ideally you want sub trim near zero by having a gain structure from your avr to sub, rather than just upping the sub trim.

Going to redo Audessey setup tonight.

If the results are not satisfactory I will simply keep the SW gain at +4.5dB and the sub volume knob at 70%. This is note than enough for my setup.

My Tannoy runs quite hot even at -4dB. Shows how powerful the new sub is and proves every sub is different

I think I may have to go for an SB13-Ultra as my sub upgrade. £1200 is surely steal and the same price as the Power sound S1500 that I was also considering.

SB13-Ultra is a superb sub and really can move your world :D:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom