Bargain : £50 credit when switching to octopus energy.

Just letting everyone know that this offer is still live even if you have already switched to octopus, you can still redeem the voucher.

Hi, you shouldn't need my post code only yours to see if they supply in your area ...

Not sure why mine woukd be needed as no one else has asked for it...
Just an update on this,

Apparently, even though I have signed up already I can still apply a referral code from someone else who has recently switched to get my self and the referer another £50 credit. If anyone else would like to share a code, we could get quite some discounts going!

Hi GlalacticaActual, ive just singed up with octopus , but not through a link. can you still use my code to get the £50 credit each even though ive already joined

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GlalacticaActual, ive just singed up with octopus , but not through a link. can you still use my code to get the £50 credit each even though ive already joined

No it doesnt work like that, You have to sign up using the link to get the credit. If you are already with them, you cant resign up using the link either (as far as i know)

Hello everyone,

Just a big thank you to anyone that has signed up using my link, had a couple of referrals over the Christmas period and it all helps pay for the insatiable appetite my children have for devouring energy!

Looks like i wont have to send them to work houses just yet !;)

Got this through today via email from

Octopus ....

• The energy price cap is going up, but our prices are not
  • The typical Octopus dual fuel customer will pay £248 a year less than the new price cap*
  • Many larger suppliers will be raising their prices* so there’s never been a better time to invite friends and family to Octopus and share £100 credit with your unique link: Split £100 | Octopus Energy

customers have asked how the changes to the government’s energy price cap will affect them.

Octopus will not be raising prices*.

The price cap is the government’s limit on the high default tariffs used by many energy suppliers, especially the legacy suppliers (the so-called “Big 6”).

Octopus are critics of their dodgy pricing tactics, and have worked hard to expose them (see the BBC and the Guardian).

They are vocal because they built their business on a simple philosophy: we offer all our customers excellent value; year in, year out.

They are not the absolute cheapest.

But are not far off.

We’re now more than half a million customers strong, but we’re still the minority. And the rising cap will likely lead to higher energy bills for most homes around Britain.

And here’s the rub. Many people will feel they are getting good value simply because their prices are protected by the cap.

But most families can, and should, be saving hundreds of pounds a year while getting friendly, personal service and energy that’s better for the planet.

This message needs to be shared.

So if you know family and friends who deserve better — year in, year out — perhaps they’d appreciated a nudge.

Send them your link to share £100 – that’s £50 credit each – when they join: Split £100 | Octopus Energy

If you are recommending us to friends and family, you may like to know that we are the only energy supplier recommended by Which? — for the second year running — and the only one ever to receive top marks in every category.

Best wishes,
Greg Jackson
CEO & Founder

PS. If you have a moment, I’d love to know how we’re doing. Click here to let me know your thoughts.

* I hate small print, so here are few details in the same size as everything else:
  1. We’ve calculated the £248 figure by looking at a simple average of the unit prices and standing charges of all Octopus customers, and then applied them to Ofgem’s typical domestic consumption value for a medium home. We can publish more granular figures on our blog at a future date - but rest assured all our customers pay well below the price cap announced today.
  2. Of course, we can’t promise we’ll never raise prices because we work in a volatile market. But we will only do so as a result of wholesale and other cost changes, not this price cap announcement. After all, our prices are already below the cap, so it doesn’t affect our customers at all.
  3. We can’t know for sure which suppliers will raise their prices, but if the Big 6 don’t during the period of the new cap, I’ll personally cycle from Lands End to John O’Groats – with the proceeds from sponsorship shared between a fuel poverty charity and an environmental one.

first time i've ever stuck with an energy provider but octopus were within £10 of the cheapest alternative (OVO) and i've been super happy with them this year so it was an easy decision :)

Proof that great customer service DOES work!

Hi all

For anyone thinking of using my link or anyone else's on this thread.

April:Octopus announced that it would cut the price of its Flexible Octopus tariff by around £30 per year for the average household from 1 May.

Gas prices will be cut 4% and electricity prices 2%.

It announced the price cut on 1 April; the day that the energy price cap was increased and many firms upped their prices for customers by more than £100 per year

Hey everyone.

I thought i would bump this again to see if it helps anyone. Feel free to choose my link or anyone elses in the thread.

Thanks.

Hello, can I ask is this referral link still active? Is the £50 guaranteed, and when is it added to the account...is anything else needed for the referral to work, do you need any more details from the person who referred you, like their email or home address? Thanks

Hello, can I ask is this referral link still active? Is the £50 guaranteed, and when is it added to the account...is anything else needed for the referral to work, do you need any more details from the person who referred you, like their email or home address? Thanks

Hi.

The offer is still active. I've actually had a couple of £50 for refering people now. If you use a referral link, both the referer and yourself get £50 credit applied to their account. No other details needed, just use the link.

I'll leave my link incase you'd like to use it. :)

Split £100 | Octopus Energy

Hi,

You shouldn't need anything else for the rerefall to work, but if you do just message me and I will help out.

You only get the £50 credit if you sign up with them through my link (or others) you won't get it through sites like money supermarket, at least you never used to.

You will then also get a link to share with friends and family as well, but only once you sign up.

I think you get the £50 once your account is fully active.

Split £100 | Octopus Energy

Did you use the link in the end or did it not work out for you?

The heating finally got turned back on today, i held out as long as i could 🥶 .

Octopus continue to provide great customer service, my smart meter developed some dead pixels last week, messaged Octopus and within 3 hours i had a reply saying a replacement had been sent out, arrived the next day!

Join Octopus now and get £50 | Octopus Energy

Thanks to anyone who chooses to use my link 🙂

So

My tariff runs out on the 27th, I've been pretty happy with octopus so am gonna stay with them for another year, if you fancy giving them a go, please try my link agsin and see if you can save.

It won't be cheaper for everyone, but Iam sure it could help some people out.
Many thanks

D.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom