Barely Legal to Drive

eob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see this on BBC?
I just watched it in iplayer and was appalled.
The premise is that they take two teens, film them covertly over a weeks driving then decide who should get a car at the end and who gets advanced driving lessons.
iMOH neither of them deserved to keep their licences never mind get anything for free.
The guy did ok to resist peer pressure for a while and drove ok, but then went above a ton and tried to drive ****** up. his mother was classic. total enabler, "oh yeah, i would be annoyed if he was doing 120, but 100 is all right"
The girl was just an obnoxious loud mouth shouting and swearing at other road users. On the phone, stuffing her face with an extra large Big Mac and dancing hands free! Watch out road users in Bristol!

Last edited:
I saw the write up about it and I could see myself getting wound up by it so avoided it haha

As with most of these things it's a set up.
I.e. faked.

I only watched the first episode but from what I saw, that girl should have been banned from driving.

Just watched it on iPlayer. It has got to be setup. How can they be that stupid to not think those cameras are watching their driving?

If it's not I just think the guy didn't defend himself. He knew that he done wrong and that was that. On his own I'm sure he'd drive fine. Bar sitting in lane three with nothing to his left

The girl I think sussed something was up and started to behave. Her observation and general driving etc was awful. She played the system.

Somebody must have texted her to be good after her first drive

I'm sure there are a few of us who have done stupid things in cars as youngsters.

I know I did

Can the police not fine them / prosecute them for dangerous driving? They have filmed evidence.

The girl was a vile nasty driver.

These programmes are largely scripted to cause reaction and subsequently ratings.
I think a day in the back of my car would be an eye opener for many on these forums.
One big difference over the last few decades I've noticed is the attitude in your average 17 old.
The number of parents that casually mention that their darling has been in anger management sessions for years is astonishing.
Of course, what they really mean is that they have never stood up to the role of parent and now society in general has to cope with the aftermath.
Just yesterday a pupil told me he is "******" with me stopping the car at the road side to tell him what he'd done wrong. "I don't need you to stop for a moan, I just want to drive".

To me, driving was a privilege that I didn't want to lose. From a very young age I was desperate to drive.

Even now I rely on driving for commuting and wouldn't jeopardise anything by being foolish.

I think the problem is that some of these little....darlings, have it too easy.

These programmes are largely scripted to cause reaction and subsequently ratings.
I think a day in the back of my car would be an eye opener for many on these forums.
One big difference over the last few decades I've noticed is the attitude in your average 17 old.
The number of parents that casually mention that their darling has been in anger management sessions for years is astonishing.
Of course, what they really mean is that they have never stood up to the role of parent and now society in general has to cope with the aftermath.
Just yesterday a pupil told me he is "******" with me stopping the car at the road side to tell him what he'd done wrong. "I don't need you to stop for a moan, I just want to drive".

You know better then me as I'm not a driving instructor. But, it sounds like he'll never respect the car, the road and his surroundings.

Watched this last night. The girl was the worse driver, she had no place being behind the wheel and displayed alot of dangerous driving. The boys worse thing he did was try to drive after 3-4 glasses of champaign and then to top it of his Mum was defending it. Oh to be fair he wouldnt normally drive to a night club so we can forgive him for that, what a push over. Your son is spending your money by the look of it to have a good time and party instead of go university for an education.

Agreed. We can only go on the final edit. At the end of the day he could have been as bad, but we didn't see it.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but you could tell she had never grieved over the loss of her Mum and I'm guessing never talked to her Dad about girl issues growing up. I genuinely felt sorry for her and wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Police Officer took sympathy due to this. Add in the fact that her per hate was drink driving and the guy was screwed.

Watched the second episode. Beginning to think there is a bias towards the girls.

Guy. No way he should have had a car.

The lady. Not as bad as him, but poor observation and concentration same as last week.

Equally as dangerous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom