Barcoreality 909

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by atom6666, May 3, 2007.

1. atom6666

atom6666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Is there a difference in the fans between the 909 and the Cine 9?
    Thanks
    Andrew

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The fans are the same.
    The main differnces are the speed they are set to run at when cool.
    The Cine 9 has a few baffels and improvements to make it queiter.
    Changing the software is not so simple as other barco projectors and the storage chip is massive so not easy to copy

3. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Im about to find out about the 909 firmware Eprom, I have some on route as we speak.

My Eprom Blower unit should manage most/all sizes even way back in time......

Roland - Ive been told the Cine9 has LESS ability than the 909 within its firmware, is that true ???

There are so many things written about these machines that is re cycled info, I tend only to believe those that have worked with the units......

Some 909 and 1209 (s) units were special build units , the firmware is not always the same AND its not always "100% BARCO" .

7.22 and 7.23 1209s Graphics firmware are as I understand NOT "100% Barco" , I think the final 1209s was 7.20 for the Graphics, I could be wrong as info like this is fairly hard to come by.........(1209s Data might have been 7.14???)

BUT 7.22 takes up LESS space on the EPROM than 7.20, So maybe its limited in some areas - I dont know yet, My 1209s are running 7.22 but I dont have time to Eprom swop and run through the menus at the mo................

IF speed control is within the 909 or Cine9 control firmware, and im sure it is, then it will take time but I might be able to change that within the firmware.

I need a file of Cine9 firmware though.........

Anyone help with that ??? Roland ???

I should also soon be able to provide 909 firmware, not sure which versions yet........

4. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Do you have any pictures of these ???

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Andy unless you have a really cute soldering iron and a very fancy programmer I don't think you will get far with the series 9 software
    [​IMG]
    All the chips are surface mounted.

If a Barco had a 92XXXXX serial number it was a special build which usually meant a hard ware change BG808s with audio or special lenses for instance. BUT I would suggest for the last 6-8 years all 9" projectors were special build any thing with a 6 week lead time would have been special.

Barco software does not really follow the true upgrade path. Genrally higher numbers will give more functions but that will not always give a desired improvement to the next user.
    For instance some were reprogrammed for different switching when used with an RCVDS (remote switcher) with a decoder fitted so all signals could be fed RGB.
    Some had a No text opperation even in the event of a failure.
    It was always barco's boast that they could customise a projector for a particular customers needs. Unlike say a mass producer like Sony who built in batches so later software often gave an improvement.

I've never thought to photo the baffels there are two over the inlet ports on the sides and if I recall all the fans at the back have some too.

There is a jumper on the convergence/contoller tray (Sorry pic not very good) that allows switch from "+fan to 12v" this is sometimes used to keep the fans running flat out when a lot of heat could be generated with obscene geometry and convergence settings. I didn't measure the voltage but it makes the fans on the front go pretty fast. No such jumper for the rear fans.

I was always told when I worked at Barco that the Cine 9/MAX had an upper scanning frequency restriction to limit the heat build up (hence you could slow down the fans). Also that the RGB Bandwidth was deliberatly lowered to make "video" easier to watch. The cine 9 has the same port 3 the card 801s series and the same RGB switch and amplifiers as the 808s. I know a few people have upgraded some of the components on these cards to try to improve the signal path. I still have reservations as to why barco did not do this and still don't on the current models.

I'm not sure about NON Barco software I have never come across it other than in Runco and SEOS machines. Who were openley OEMed but I always thought Barco wrote the software.
    For years people have been changing the front screen. Many dealers adding their names and phone numbers in the hope of a service call. One of the hire companies had an effeminate BG808s with an "upsy" and "downsy" on screen instuction and the text on/off said "call me" but the opperation of the projector was the same.

Attached Files: