1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BarcoGraphics 2100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by barco2100, Apr 7, 2003.

1. barco2100

barco2100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm new to this game and just wondered what peoples thoughts are about using a Barcographics 2100 LCD projector?

Is anyone out there using one?

Any barco tips tricks and general info would be great :)

and no i dont want a CRT instead...... ;)

cheers

2. barco2100

barco2100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on...........

Someone must know something........

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    If you're talking about a BarcoData 2100 then I'm not surprised at the deafening roar of silence. These were hardly touted as Home Cinema friendly - they were the size of a small car! If anyone thinks I'm kidding then get a load of the dimensions - 26" x 24" x 13" and 22 Kg excluding the lens!! :eek:

As with any LCD projector set keystone to zero and use a test disc like AVIA or Video essentials to tune the colour, contrast, brightness and sharpness.

The res is 800x600, so partnering with a scaler or HTPC system set to the same resolution will help you squeeze out some more performance.

Good luck.

4. barco2100

barco2100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply.....

Its the graphics version not the cheaper/less spec'd data version i think it cost somewhere in teh region of 12000 - 15000 when new.

its a bit on the large size but the fan sounds not that bad ;)

it can project a 6m across image(which would be great)....... if i had a screen/wall/building that big......

the spec seems ok... the picture quality is very good. Its an XGA projector.

Any more information anyone else has would be great.

Cheers

5. nathwasere

nathwasere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

800x600 is the max I've been able to get out of my Barcographics 2100. Sadly even when using the native resolution of the lcd panel it appears you cannot bypass the terrible artifacts produced by the 'pixel map processor'. I've tried all sort of settings with PowerStrip TNA. The projector is fine for a bit of fun / having your mates around for playing games etc - but I find the artifacts / dodgy green hue of the picture to distracting for any serious viewing. Also, I can't get the video / svideo input working.
    If you want to access the password protected areas in the menus there is a jumper that can be moved on the board that also has the firmware roms on it.
    Having said all that the unit is really well built and will probably outlast most of the cheap lcds around today. The lens is a serious piece of glass!
    If you do find any more tips or tricks post back to the board as I would like to get more out of my Barco 2100.

Cheers,

nath