1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barcodata 808 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ShinObiWAN, Dec 21, 2003.

1. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've got a problem with my BD808.

Basically the green tube is constantly flickering, by this I mean the image is stable but if you turn the contrast and brightness all the way down, the green tube still show a faint green glow in the raster area. This glow appears and dissappears quite frequently and is constant whenever the projector is on.

I've also noticed that the tube also has random lines throughout the tube if the g2 voltage is turned up to the recommended level set by the indicator. If its turned down it does of course disappear.

The problem doesn't affect the image but it says to me that it may lead to bigger problems later on.

Also can anyone confirm if all the status LED on there BD808 flicker very fast, instead of being in a solid state ie. on or off?

This is all very baffling and I'm sure it could be 1 of a 1000 things but even though its not a major problem, it could be later on.

Thanks for any advice

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170