Barcodata 801s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr A, May 16, 2001.

1. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello can anyone help me out here.

Will the above projector accept an RGB signal from a DVD player ie RGBS via a 5 BNC input RGBHV or does it need additional card etc? If not I'm stuffed at present then as I Dont wish to go composite. Also wht is the significance of it having a 9 pin connection insted of 15 for the PC input although I would probably use a 5 BNC cable from my PC for that input.

Any help/guidance appreciated. Does anyone have one of these and what and how do you connect to it. Is there an S VHS input or component input card available??

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Mr A, hi.
    I have a Barco Graphics 801s and I am fairly sure that it won't take an RGB signal from a DVD player via Scart to 5 BNC as the Barco requires a negative sync and I'm positive (though not 100% positive!) that a DVD player can't output a negative sync via scart.

You should be able to input the DVD directly into the 801s using the s-video connector - the picture is ok but will suffer from scanlines.

The 9 pin input will only provide you with VGA resolution as far as I understand and will not allow hi-res graphics (think PC games of a few years back!).

Your best bet is to route the DVD through a scaler like the ROCK or Quadscan, or, a really cheap but nonetheless effective option is an HTPC. If you are using a PC now and it has a DVD Rom drive then all you need is Powerestrip and WinDVD or PowerDVD and bingo, you have one of the best scalers/deinterlacers money can buy! Believe me, the picture is awesome from an HTPC - you could have it up and running in an hour or so BUT remember to tell Powerstrip that you need the negative sync otherwise you won't get a picture (just tick the appropriate box in one of the option screens).

Do a search for Barco 801s in this forum and you should find all my previous posts on the subjest - one or two may even be useful!
    Paul

[ 16-05-2001: Message edited by: PaulB ]