Barcodata 708s & Hidef

PFM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Its been a while since I posted on the CRT threads, so here goes my (hopefully modest query).

I now have a hankering to delve into the world of Bluray after the apparant death of my Iscan Ultra - I believe that it may have died of exhaustion:D

So its about time for a drop into the world of bluray. My query now is - what is the route into feeding my beloved 4bnc Barco if the new gen of BR players are cranking out hi quality scaling? Are scalers now obselete (await instant flame...;))

My reasearch is heading me into a possible Sony BDP 500S player (not that interested in the profile 2.0 aspects - a bit of a purist at heart) coupled with an HD Fury 2 as a reasonable low cost toe dipper.

Or replace the iscan with an elder newer brother & then buy said player

Any thoughts/views?

Cheers

Paul

With a 708 I'd go the cheap and cheerful route and enjoy a surprisingly good pic for not too much wonga. If you were going to splash out too much more than that it would probably be better directed towards a PJ with greater resolving capability, LC and electronic focussing. The other alternative that may be worth a look would be a HTPC if you're willing to trade flexibility for complexity but I'd give that a miss if you haven't got the computing 'gene'.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom