1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barcodata 708 Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ufitsy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. ufitsy

ufitsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +327
    Whilst watching the football on the projector the other day it bugged me that on some of camera shots(further away) I could not read the numbers on the back of the shirts nor could I read some of the advertising boards, I think its odd because close up shots in the same game were absolultely stunning. I popped in the house & looked at my 28" TV and I could see the numbers fine. I have a Phillips DTR1500 freeview box(connected via svideo cable) and the 708 has lido enabled.

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a numpty here and some of the info is a bit wooly but any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have converged & focussed to the best of my ability, the screen is 60" diagonal and seating is 10 ft from screen.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sounds normal the further you stand from your screen the sharper it will seem.

Your 4ft wide screen viewed from 10ft is quite a large magnification.
    I'll gues you were standing about the same distace from your 28inch TV.
    Try sitting 56" from your TV which is the same magnification and it should lack the same detail.

It is more likely to be your brain filling in the gaps rather than a real differnce in quality.