1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BarcoData 708 Guidance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ufitsy, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ufitsy

ufitsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +327
    Managed to get the Barco pj installed in the roof of my garage by my engineer neighbour. Setup was done longhand by info from www.crtprojectors.co.uk site and the manuals. I read that a professional install takes 1-2 days, it took me 3 weeks to achieve something watchable (I need glasses after looking into the tubes to set the raster)

Enough waffle - After watching TV via s-video I have now a DVD with componant out - need a little guidance as to which rca's connect to the bnc's, it works on 5 + 6 with the following but am not sure if it is correct;

Barco R G B
    To To To
    DVD plyr Pr Y Pb

Any help is much appreciated

2. L3gion

L3gion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

No expert myself yet I'm afraid.....but I have just installed a 708s data on my ceiling, having read most of Henrys info and my manuals etc I got the impression that it was only the "s" models of data projectors that could handle a component input ?

My RGB BNC sockets are also labeled up with R-Y Y(s) B-Y suggesting they take both types of input and mine is a data "s"

Maybe someone else can confirm, but I imagine you wont be able to use component without some sort of external device to decode?

Jas

edit...hmm is R-Y Y(s) B-Y actually component? Forgive me if I got that wrong :)

3. ufitsy

ufitsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +327
    Mine is also an "s" (Luckily) - it does work with the leads connected as mentioned(componant) - I just wanted to be sure that this was the correct way round.

I got the 708 from a company who had upgraded (to LCD???) apparently they wanted a projector for presentations only and were fed up with forking out for maintenance. They were happy to let me put it in the back of my car and I was happy to take it!

Will include photos of installation when camera is charged.