BarcoData 701

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by luvit, Aug 30, 2001.

1. luvit

luvit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a manual or Does anyone know anything about how this projector works. I have purchased second hand off a supposedly competent A/V fan. He has had installed on a coffe table for the past 3/4 years and it has worked supperbly (with less than 1000hrs use). We then tried a temporary instalment at my house (yet again on a coffe table, pointing at a floor mounted screen)to prove to the missis that this has been an essential purchase. He quickly adjusted the convergence/keystone to accomodate the change in istallation angles (which looked fine on screen ) but connecting upto a s-vhs dvd output the projector would not display anything on screen. I have tried the BNC type connection of Video output and still no output, have even brought his gear round mine to see if that helped, but still no joy. When setting up the projector the display works fine but with video inputs there is no picture but when lokking down the tubes you can see the picture but not very powerful. The thing is is that the damn thing worked 1hour before hand at his house but not at mine??????

Can anybody help please......

ps Typically we havnt got the manual.

2. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    It may be a good idea if you spoke to Roland at b4 projectors he has sorted many problems out for people in the past if you send him an e-mail to his personel address he may be able to sort out your problem.His name on the forum is B4 (do a search).

regards

richard

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    James unless this is realy simple sounds like your decoder may have gone to that place that plays all the harp music.

Lets go right back to basics.

Just to check the remote is talking to the projector.<br />Press adj on the far left on the barco remote and you should get the service menu up. Press exit

1. Connect the video out of the DVD to the BNC video in on the Barco.

2. Press button 1 on the barco remote.

3. If you don't get a picture try this. Take the BNC video connect it to the Green input and press 3 on the barco remote If you get a green video picture sounds like the decoder is not working

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    James

What happened, did you do the test above?

Is it working?