Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Barco801s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scott33b, Dec 23, 2004.

1. scott33b

scott33b
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi. I've newly installed my 801s on the ceiling and set it all up. On the menus on screen it asks to setup diagonal image focus by adjusting screws 1-5. Anyone know where these screws are? I can't find them!
    I've just set it up ignoring this procedure. I know this probably isn't advisable.

2. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    as you look at the three guns, you will see 4 bolts at each corner. check with the manual (and someone else here might confirm) but i think all four bolts adjust diagonal focus.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Undo those 4 bolts and you will hear a heavy thud as the lens hits the floor or more probably your foot.

First make sure your centre and edge focus are set correctly. ( Loosen the look screw that is closest to the projector body and twist the whole lens to get good centre focus. Then with that locked off losen the front one and twist just the front elemnt to give you good sise to side focus, ignoring the cornes for now.)

You will see two 8mm bolts above (ceiling mounted) the main lenses. These are about 75mm long these are the Shiemflug (diagonal focus) adjusters.
    They will rock the focus diagonally across the screen. You should not notice a change in the centre or even the edge focus as you adjust these. but to be sure. I always give the edge focus ring a slight tweak just to make all is spot on.

4. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    oops! i should check my facts before i post! i had the wrong things visualised in my mind. i've checked the front of my projector and can see where i went wrong.

5. scott33b

scott33b
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Roland. I'll give it a go.