1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco to HTPC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by m0v1em4n, Oct 27, 2001.

1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi all,
    Does any one know where I might get a VGA to RGBs cable to connect a Barco 708 data CRT up to a HTPC, is this a special lead,
    Any help would be appreciated

Steve

2. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Steve,

I recently purchased my cable from Stereo Stereo (of Gordon Fraser fame :D ) Cost me about £115 for a 9 meter run.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

3. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine from Maplin, not very long, about 1.5m cost £20, use it with a standard (long) vga to vga monitor cable with a mating connector to plug the two together, gives me the flexibility to plug the HTPC into a standard monitor to get the picture back when I select a frequency that the Barco isn't happy with. Was worried that the multiple connectors would have an adverse affect on the picture quality but it's just as good as the short cable connected directly to the PC.

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,408
    Barco 708 data has 4 connectors for the RGB input, doesn't it? R,G,B and S.
    Guys, how is a VGA to 5 BNC going to work? It isn't.
    See my reply in the HCPC forum.

5. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry didn't know the 708 had combined sync's. Is that what "s" means in RGBs ?

Cheers

Dave

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Really you should have an interface box to buffer the signal and combine the syncs.
    But it is safe to "T" peice the Horz on vert together but the PC must be set to Negative sync or it won't lock on.

I don't like the idea of running long lengths of VGA to VGA 15pin cables much. Use a short 15pin to BNC Jack then use a proper 5 core BNC 75ohm cable.

Steve Send me another mail with the cable lengths, in light of Barco's descision to put the manuals up for free. I'll try to sort something out.

This was one of the main changes to the Cine 7 from the 708 range to add seperate H & V syncs. The only other projectors that I can think off from the Barco range that have a combined sync are the 400 and 600 range.