barco retrodata 801s problems....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by malibu350, Jun 19, 2005.

1. malibu350

malibu350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well....my mom and my sister both bought a barco retrodata 801s a couple years ago. Then my sister's screen accidently got broken and they haven't fixed it..anyways....I've been visiting my mom for a few weeks...and she wants me to fix her TV because it's been broke for about 3-4 months....whenever it was plugged in there was not LED's coming on or anything.....so I was like that's easy its the power supply.....I pulled out the power supply and checked all the fuses and found a bad one...it was F100 on the Power supply...i replaced it and put everything back together..and then turned it on and "POP" a big flash...and I thought I blew something else...but it was just the fuse again....I really didn't feel like taking forever and figuring out what component was blow...because there is nothing visible on it blown...so I took the one from my sister's unit...and replaced it...now everything comes on....I get sound out of the speakers but no picture.....in the brief moments after u first turn it on...on the screen it displays an I2C error...and it gives an address of 7HC....I can't find that anywhere in the Service Manual that I have......so therefore I think that it's a hardware problem somewhere on the convergance board....I pulled it out like Roland says in another post..turned the TV on and it stayed on but gave me just a white picture.....so I installed the board again...and now I get the BARCO title screen for a minute telling me what the baud rate is set to etc...but then it goes out again ....it may stay on for about 2 minutes....what should I do????? try the convergance board from the other unit????

I'm in the airforce...and I'm a radio technician....so I'm pretty familiar w/electronics....just not TV's...only the basic stuff we got in electronics principles.....anyways....I'm kinda stuck now and don't know what my next step should be....anybody have any ideas???

Sorry for the lengthy post....I just wanted to make sure I got all the details out...t :smashin:

2. ledoctt

ledoctt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi do you have verificated if there is no propyléne glycol on your mother board.. because the crt use coupled liquid and sometimes there is problem of étancheity and the liquid go every on the mother board , the deflector yoke and the rgb amplificater board..

you must vericated the DC power +17.2V on SM power suply you have a check point test........

3. malibu350

malibu350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stupid question where is the mother board located at....

4. ledoctt

ledoctt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi the mother board , it's the board where you connect all the connector and slot of the CRT.............