1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Retro Graphics 801s problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ecotack, May 21, 2005.

1. ecotack

ecotack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have already scanned through the forum and probably the problems is down to a dry joint, possibly in the power supply, but here goes anyway.

The TV was on, I went out of the room, came back and it was off. The power LED shows red when I switch it on, but it won’t come off standby. Left unplugged for an hour, but still no joy.

I removed the front and found a big black box on the left hand side with some flashing LED’s. There is a power LED which was lit, the Main power LED was off, Error LED on and a Processor cycle LED was flashing. If I tried the remote or the control panel the RCD LED flashed alternately to the error LED.

Any ideas what could cause this?
    Is there a schematic available for these rear screen projectors?

TIA,
    Andrew

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The Reto 801 was electrinically the same as the standard projector.
    From the LEDs it sounds like your projector has a majour fault somewhere as the Error light is on. It could be a whole load of problems but I would try swapping out the power supply first.

3. ecotack

ecotack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the back off and removed, cleaned and replaced anything that was easily removable, also tried the impact repair technique, but still no joy. Spotted a few fuses, but they where OK.

If I was sure what bit was the power supply, I’m sure I could get it on the bench and test it. Its just when I took the back off I went dizzy for a second, or two ;)

Are engineer manuals for the Barco’s easily sourced?

Is there anyone in the Kendal area the can fix these?

My wife is getting very keen on smashing it up and taking it to the tip :eek:

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    At least that bit is working normally

5. ecotack

ecotack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barco put me on to Saville in York, who just got back to be with a workshop request form. £140 call out and £75 per hour :(

They do have a collect from my premises option at £35, but seeing as this only just fit on the back of my Ford P100 and took 4 of us to get it into the house…I’m almost tempted too…but not at £75 per hour.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You have mail