1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco retro graphics 801s info please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ecotack, Nov 8, 2004.

1. ecotack

ecotack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a Barco Retro Graphics 801s and it would be helpful if I could locate a manual. Is there anywhere I can download a free copy?

I have tried setting the unit up, but it’s not 100%.

Well actually, I played with the remote, found a pattern where I could align colours up, etc, but when I plug in my Xbox (nearest thing to hand) the colours appear offset and slightly out of focus in the bottom right hand corner.

I’m not sure what these units are worth, but was £156 a good price? I got it of ebay thinking it was cheap, but had to drive from Cumbria to Bristol and back in an old P100 pickup (almost 12hrs driving). It’s now dominating an 18ft room and at 67” I don’t thing the lads at work will be able to compete ;o)

Any advice or help welcome.

2. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try http://www.crtcinema.com/manuals.html they have an 801 manual, probably very similar to the 801s.

£156 is great price if the tubes are in good condition. Do you know how many hours are on the tubes and on the chassis?

V.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Use the 801s manual it will be the same.
    There should be no need to touch the mechanical focus however, or centre the tubes mechanically unless you feel some one has played with it.
    The remote cost more than you paid for the projector.

4. ecotack

ecotack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I've been told the manuals are £15, so I may just invest in one. It's no going to be used as a main TV, so hopefuly it should last me. Not sure how many hours are on the tubes.

It's got to be my best buy of 2004, even though I presently can't move my arm, I fractured my elbow a few weeks ago in a bike crash, lifting the unit up the steps into the house hasn't helped.

5. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The manual is downloadable free from http://www.crtcinema.com/manuals.html like vexorg said.

BTW I hope your arm gets better soon, my son has just knackered his leg on a fence so I can sympathise with you.

John