1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco remote stopped working

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Roland @ B4, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Bit of a retorical post this, but it comes up from time to time. It was a question that I was asked by Will.

It is common when you change the battery on a Barco remote for it to become incorrectly addressed. By addressing the remotes and projectors it is possible in say a double stack configuration to control each projector with a seperate remote.
    However this is not so usefull when your remote is trying to control a projector down the road rather than yours.

The soloution~
    On the hand contol
    Press and release the resessed button under the "ADJ" key. (your projector should dislay its address on screen, ignore this number) now press 0. Your remote is now set to talk to any Barco projector.

More recently Barco changes their remotes from PPM codes to RC5 so that learning remotes could understand them. I have not yet come across a remote that can "learn" the old barco codes. they have to be programmed via say a Protno.

RED LED on remote = PPM
    Green LED = RC5 (Cine series)

One last gem. They are, like a lot of remotes, prone to dirt in the contacts. If the joystick starts to get difficult. take the remote apart (Screw in batteries case) and clean the contacts and circuit board with pure alcohol (not gin) and put it back together. It will be as good as new.

Barco remotes are increadibly powerful and will work over about 100ft. Best control will be had pointing the remote at the screen. Shining straight at the projector will probably over load the sensor and it may be sluggish.

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,
    I did manage to make my Pronto-Pro (the new colour model) learn the codes from my Brick like BD808s remote.
    However, this was not possible on my old Pronto.

Eric

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Colour pronto on my Christmas list.

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    The colour pronto is on my "next to get" list.

The wife thinks it's a bit dear at £300!, good job she doesn't know the real price!!!

I will still wait until its at about £500, before i will be interested.

5. Wil

Wil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded the Pronto file for Barco projector remote control from www.remotecentral.com and it worked a treat.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. No hassles with teaching the Pronto. Then using Pronto edit you can make whatever macros you like by cutting and pasting.

Personally I love swapping remotes all over the place but somehow the babysitter never seems to share the sense of power, nor does my wife.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.