1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Raster Shift Question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jerry Brady, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Jerry Brady

Jerry Brady
    Standard Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a BG808 and recently replaced the blue tube and decided to do a complete setup from the bottom up. I've been working with the astigmator magnets at the back of the CRT necks to get the mechanical astig. as true as possible before moving on to the electronic controls.

After several hours of adjustments, I had the beam focused pretty well for all three tubes. I then proceeded to raster centering via the installation menu and was surprised to learn that the blue and red rasters will not move.

Adjustment of the green's raster is perfect. It will move up, down, left and right just fine. But, working with red and blue, the rasters just stay put. I can do all the way to either end of the adjustment range, in either direction with no movement on the rasters at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have a faulty component somewhere in the projector? There definately seems to be something wrong.

Thanks in advance,
    Jerry Brady