1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco projector problem.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Wozbit, May 27, 2001.

1. Wozbit

Wozbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people, i have just got my hand's on a barco projector but im not sure what model it is. it did not cost to much and there is no burn out that i can see and the lenses are great to but the problem is that when i turn the unit on there is a clicking sound coming from the unit.

The unit's fan start fine but that's it, the person who i got the unit from said that he was watching a film and the unit turned itself off and thats when the sound started.

The unit is old and has barco vision on the top of it and has BNC outputs on the back with other control's to.

So i need some help to find out what model it is as there is no book and the unit has no remote and the best place to get it fixed.

Hope you can help.
    wozbit. :confused:

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Sounds like a Barco Vision 600 or 400 perhaps. Do the lenses stick out from the front of it by about 15cm and if you undo the two screws on the top and open the lid are there lots of pots to twiddle inside for geometry settings?

Your best bet is to try to find a Barco service agent who should probably be able to give you a qucik estimate on repair I'd guess. Either that or you could try asking over at www.tawforums.com for some advice once you've worked out what it is.

Gordon

3. Wozbit

Wozbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gordon, well your right about the projector, yes if you undo the screw's thats what i see and thank for the email address i will get in touch with them also i have sent an email to barco in reading and just waiting to hear from them soon. do you know where i might get some more information and the projector as this will help ?

Once again thank's
    wozbit. :)

4. dvdmods

dvdmods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can hear clicking i would think you have a power supply fault,the clicking is the power supply tripping,it will trip if it cant start up or a short circuit will be detected.I have never worked on one,but if its a TV,Satellite and you get clicking then you have a power supply fault.
    I would think the fan is a AC240 and thats why its running,are there any lights on or any other signs of life ???
    Do you hear any HT on the CRTs when you turn it on,like the static you hear when you turn a TV on ??
    Rob

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    If you go to www.avsforum.com to the CRT forums you can do a search for Barco Vision CRT projectors. I think you'll find hunreds of posts about those models.

Gordon

6. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try phoning Peter reynolds at barco Ltd in Reading. I spoke to him last week and he was very helpful especially considering that the most he was going to get was the sale of a manual!

have fun

7. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    #On the back of the unit will be a liitle cream coloured box with contrast and brightness controls make sure this is plugged in correctly.

If the projecor really is a Barco Vision and it still works it may be contacting your local museum.
    Barco stopped making this unit it 1984!

:eek:

8. Wozbit

Wozbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To dvdmods, (rob)

Thanks for the reply and yes the fan is a 240volt and the answer to your question is no there is no sign of life at all and no lights come on, but as for the static sound, no nothing there too. i do think you are right about the power because if i move the power lead it sounds like sparks are coming from where it goes in the unit, so i hope that's it.

I will let you know what happen's.

9. Wozbit

Wozbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi gordon (stereostereo).

Thanks again for the email address on crt forums i will do a search and see what i can find out.

thanks
    wozbit.

10. Wozbit

Wozbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MR A,

thanks for the contact name at barco, i have just got an email back from them but not the name you gave me, they have told me it's going to cost about £65 per hour to find out what's wrong but i will speak to peter and see what he has to say.

thanks MR A,

11. Wozbit

Wozbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    B4,

yes you are right about the little box on the back and i will make sure it plugged in correctly but as for me putting it into a museum all i can say is (no way), the unit is in great condition with no sign's of burn and i do think rob at dvdmods may be right about it being the power supply, if i can't get the unit fixed can you get us a phone number of a local museum as this will be the best place for it :D

thanks,
    wozbit

12. Leon Rees

Leon Rees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    B4... could you drop me a mail leonrees@globalnet.co.uk ... I tried to mail you from your profile, but your mail address is being withheld.

I have a proposition for you... ;)

Thanks

Leon

"You milked a cat?"