BARCO Prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart-f

Standard Member
Reaction score
What's happened to the price of Barco Projectors? I was toying with the idea of a Cine7 over a year ago but the price with Limo Pro was about £11k.

Now the Cine7 can be had for just under £7k and the 7LT for even less.

Is this to try and compete with the DRP/LCD market or is it the death-throes of CRT?

FYI I bought a Sony 10HT about 2 years ago which I still have, (just replaced the bulb £450 for 1500 hours!), but I would love to move to CRT. It's simply a case of persuading the wife that £7k for a new pj is a sound investment.

Official list on the
Cine 7 is £9277 (inc vat)
Cine 7LT is £6296 (inc vat)

I doubt you can get a new Cine 7 for less than £7k

Barco made a strategic move at the begining of the year to continue investment in CRT and we have already seen new machines coming out like the Cine7LT. The productmanager stood on a table at the national organisation lanch and shouted "CRT for ever". It stuck as their new strap line. (wish I'd thought of it)

As to why the price has dropped so much?
They have to, the rest of the market is agressivly going after home cinema. what they calim to have done is include LiMo Pro for free.

Roland,
Thanks for the info, that is more reassuring. My domestic campaign for CRT will continue.

Re the prices I quoted, check the website below. They are offering the 7LT at £5,695 and the 7 at £6,995 inclusive of VAT. (These are the people that Skyline.GTR is visiting for a 7LT demo).

http://www.crtprojectors.co.uk/new_projectors.htm

While on the subject of these two pj's how significant are the differences. I saw the 7 at the 'event' in Glasgow a while back and it was superb.

Roland,

How does the Cine 7 compare to a 808s or indeed the 1209?

Martin Jones

Awewome PJ ..Can't be touched for the money and MUCH better allrounder than the HT300 which I nearly bought .

Go down and see Henry for a demo or give him a tingle on 01263-740-096 . Go for the 7 lt for the Cine 7 had a quad scaler which softens the picture too much on 7inch tubes . ;)

I did and was not disappointed .

Good luck with coverting the wife .

They are offering the 7LT at £5,695 and the 7 at £6,995 inclusive of VAT

Excellent prices. Looks like the march of CRT is set to continue. Wonder what the price of the Cine 8 and 9 is from them.

Darren

Oh dear looks like second hand CRT's take a tumble then......

Does this mean then tubes will get cheaper then?

What is the price of the Cine 9 then?

Nathan

Originally posted by Jonesthegas
Roland,

How does the Cine 7 compare to a 808s or indeed the 1209?

Martin Jones
Martin this is areally difficult one to answer really because they are such differnt projectors. The Cine 7 is my all time favorite projector saving the Cine 9. but each machine must be driven with correct source material. There's not a whole load between them in brightness terms, but image depth and resoloution then we start to see a difference.
Compared to a well set up 808s or 1209s the cine 7will look soft but only if the others have a decent scaller attached.

Happy give competitive quotes on the Barco range by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom