barco on ebay

marcoeser

Hi Guys,

Just a small question. Just been window shopping on ebay at some barcos (as you do), just seen a 1209 from the US being sold for £2100. It made me wonder. What do you think of buying a crt from ebay? I've been reading on here that the barco parts are still widely available, I'm also thinking, if it finally gets to your door and its not working what kind of ball park prices could it cost to get it up and running? How much of a gamble is it?

marc

jlcrawford

I once considered buying from the Us but B4 going ahead I checked with customs and if my memory is correct you get charged ~14% import duty on goods+shipping and then vAT on the total.
I changed my mind and bought in the UK- they are cheaper now so you could pick up a good barco easily

Boris Blank

There have been a lot of good Barco's on ebay UK of late going for really low prices - keep your eyes peeled for a bargain!

Importing is pretty easy as long as you get the pj for a good price to begin with but with the recent drop in ebay UK prices, its not worth it at the moment unless something really special crops up.
Paul

S

simonfinch

Marc,

I have decided to sell my Barco 1209.
If you are interested, you can come and have a look.

Let me know,

Simon

marcoeser

Simone, thanks fot the offer and its very tempting, but sadly my room won't be ready for at least the end of the year and plus I don't have anywhere to store it until then :(

thanks, marc

AndyFov

Originally posted by marcoeser
plus I don't have anywhere to store it until then :(

I've got 16 cu.ft of storage space available in the mid-ceiling area of my living room. Please let me know if I can be of any use to you :devil:

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom