Barco LCD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Alaric, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Hi there,

I've picked up a Barco 6300 for playing arround with, i'm quite used to the 800 series CRT's and have a BG801s for my main projector....however i'm also tempted to run this in paralel for duties that are best not done on a crt - Games, TV, viewing with small amounts of light etc.

Only prob is no instruction manual or installation manual....so while i have a reasonable picture, i'm not sure about tweaking some of the settings to get the best. Anyone know where i can get either from ???

Also looking at the 'Barco Lens' program for distances, i think my fixed 1:1.27 lens isn't the best for my situation, so may be looking at one of thier motorised zoom lenses...anyone know where from without mortgaging the house ???

P.s. I know this isn't CRT, but i've posted in the LCD forum with a blank and i know there are a few Barco dealers/re-sellers etc on here, and its more CRT than LCD from what i've seen :D

Thanks,
    Lee

2. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm sure Roland at B4 Projection could get a price for you - e-mail or PM him would probably be easiest.

At a guess, based on similar projectors I would think they would be a minimum of £2500 !

3. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Hi there,

Great a second lens costs over 6 times what the whole projector cost me !!!

*Sigh* always seems to be the way with the second user projector market. I guess its often cheaper to buy another whole unit in the configuration you'd like and then sell yours on....as a whole unit seems to be cheaper than an indervidual part.

Cya,
    Lee

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Ironically you have the most desirable lens so chances are you will find some one who want's to swap.

The 6300 was a good projector for data don't show video on it.

New lens wuld be as Richard says but I have feellers out for another.
    I don't have any of the LCD manuals I'm afraid but if you could drive an 800 series one of these will be easy.

5. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Hi There,

I would have thought the zoom lenses were more desiable as you can vary the distance between screen and pj that way. Ideal i want to roughly match the throw of an BG801s and have them side by side, with the BG6300 using its screen ofset facility. Can't sling below as the room height isn't that great.

Was looking for Games, HTPC tweaking and TV usage as the LCD doesn't suffer screen burn and my BG801s is in good condition.

While i'm used to the 800 series, i do have an install manual, user manual and even a service manual (BD800)....and i like and am good with manuals.

The 800 series walks you through installation, the 6300 doesn't and yes i have a reasonable picture, but i know its not the best as i'm more using its previous settings for timings/phase and other strange things.....hell wheres the convergance....its not a proper projector if i don't spend half my life trying to line up red boxes on green boxes on blue boxes :D

cya,
    Lee