1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Installation Menu Raster Centering Moves all three tubes when on green?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by proudx, Mar 30, 2004.

1. proudx

proudx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this Normal? When I go into the installation menu to setup the crt and get to the raster centering part of the setup. It tells me to hit enter to center green, When I hit enter to center green "the first one", it moves all three rasters blue,red,and green. then hit enter to center red, then hit enter to center blue. well no amount of adjustments will move the red and no amount of adjustments will move the blue as well. So what I did was used the pots to center the raster on the blue and red tubes to get it to align with the green one.

What is the difference between this global raster shift in the installation menu that seems to shift all three rasters and the raster shift that is in the covergence menus and the raster shift in the geometry menu?

I don't think it is the same raster shift that is in geometry. That raster shift only seems to move green. And it is set to 49 or midposition when my installation global raster is centered at 61width and 60verticle

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    What is ahppening sounds normal
    I must confess to only having used the installation menu a couple of times even though I have installed and comisioned hundereds of Barcos.
    The raster shifts are all pretty much the same though they are all stored in differnt parts of the projectors memory.
    they key thing is to make sure they are not at their extreme settings or the components may get hot and be less stable.