1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Home Theatre sold

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by GrahamMG, Sep 22, 2004.

1. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi all.
    Has anyone else realised that Barco's home theatre division (i.e. all commercial Home Cinema activities ) has been sold to TEC (aka Dreamvision)?

TEC will continue to market the CRT/Plasma and DLP ranges and the Barco sales staff have been transferred to the new company (not too sure they knew about it though!). The CineVersum brand name will continue and be expanded in due course, not sure what will happen to the CRT/Plasma ranges though. Sounds like new stuff is on the way..... All warrenty, distribution and serivce will be managed by TEC.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Roland has already posted about this yesterday on the CRT forum and "Industry Insider" Randy posted it on another forum....... Hope Mark's alright.

Gordon

3. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I wanted to check that it was public domain before I said anything, I think we all found out on Monday......Mark and Co are in Belgium as I type....... It might be good for them assuming the conditions are right.......