• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Barco HD8 projector orientation

addibouk

Novice Member
Hey guys,

This is more a professional-use question, than domestic. I’m a lead A/V technician at our local theatre and we have a Barco HD8, 8,000 lumens projector, which we have used in both front and rear projection positions, using long and short/wide throw lenses.

The projector is water-cooled and for that reason it can only be pitched at certain, safe angles.

In the spec it mentions a maximum operating pitch of 40 degrees upwards (I.e. front lens up, rear end downwards) but it’s not clear whether that 40 degree pitch also applies in the opposite direction. The guide shows the projector pointing upwards with a red line, not downwards

What I’m asking is, does anyone know whether you can run the projector with the lens pointing downwards at an angle greater than 40 degrees? What we’d like to do is front project a scene on stage at a very obtuse angle (to minimise shadows from actors on the screen, unless they are very close to the screen itself). Has anyone successfully done this? I know projectors can be mounted vertically, pointing straight down for example, but wasn’t sure if you can do that with this one.

Any advice greatly received :)

Cheers,
Chris

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom