1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Hardwired Remote ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Alaric, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi There,

I'm slowly getting to the point of doing things with my PJ (BG801s) and even have it up in place and with a paper mock screen to check placing before building my screen.

Anyway as part of my HT control system, i'm planing on using something wifi to a PC and having it squirt out the IR comands. The PC will actualy be in my kit area, and so for the lights and PJ i will have to route the IR back to the HT room. As part of that i've noticed the hard wired IR remote on the back of the PJ and the fact that the USB-UIRT has a hardwire port as well.

Can i skip the USB-UIRT converting to IR and the bacro converting back from IR and just plug the two together ???

Anyone tried it ???

Ta,
    Lee

2. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    doubt it...

Barco is looking for its own info,

you would also be wanting to wire a receiver in place of a transmitter......guessing that wont work....

Did I understand you right?

3. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi There,

Think we're gett cross wires here :rotfl:

Ok...so i have a *BAD* sense of humour...

I'm going to get the pc to squirt out barco IR codes from the USB-UIRT, which has a direct wire port as well as an IR transmitter.

Now i know i should be able to point the IR transmitter at the barco and operate it via the PC, however there is also a direct wire port on the barco, so in theory plugging the direct out of the USB-UIRT into the direct port on the barco should work.....unless Barco expects something strange.

Yes ???

Ta,
    Lee

4. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Guessing it will work.

The only question is if the "hardwired" output/input have the same structure of information.

NOW as ALL Barco items seem specific to Barco I have a little doubt in my mind that the info sent will match the info required by the Barco.

I do hope it works,

I think trial and error is the only way here.

Best of luck as if it works it will be of great help to a number of people........(me included)

ALSO - do you need any bits for the 801s? I have 2 mint ones here and a load of spares I have had a change of mind and am now doing my blend/stack with a pair of 1208s/E's that I have so my nice pair of 801s will never go up.....Shame but had an offer I could not pass up.....PM me if you do this is not the place for "for sale" chat.

(Mods - edit delete if this is too close to a for sale note for you)

5. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi There,

The BG801s is neigh on mint, less than 2000 hours IIRC. The tubes are as perfect as it gets. I bought it 3 or so years back on here and have had it moth balled until a few weeks back when i finaly hoisted it into position with a temp screen. Fired up without a hitch.

I also have a spare BD800 and neigh on a full set of spare cards for it from a while back. Its tubes are ok in use but arn't any where near as perfect - I did have that in the classifieds and was letting it go round the £2-300 mark and didn't even get a nibble !

I even have a BG6300 from thier LCD series which is fun to play with and i may install as a games/TV projector as they don't suffer burn from Logo's etc, but then i'll have the fun of installing a second mount :eek:

As for the remote project, its a few months off as i have to build the PC to act as an IR server (amongst other duties)....as My origional HTPC is now 2 & a 1/2 years old and needs upgrading, as PC technology just seems to race.

Cya,
    Lee

6. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    We use a reality 6400 on out external 12m Wide screen!

But I dont like to mention that here!