1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco G808s with linedoubler

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by arbey, Nov 25, 2003.

1. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a barcographics 808s with linedoubler. I run it through svideo. When i put the linedoubler off a black vertical line appears...what can i do to make this go away?
    Another question: i'm setting G2 by looking at the green indicator light that should go off if set properly. When all the green leds are out and i look at the screen, i really don't like the colours, they are too redish (undertitles are too red). It doesn't go away by turning G2's from green and blue...should i adjust gain and cut off? (this barco has used tubes in it)

regards

2. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so far my struggle:
    It appears that the black line goes away after reconverging. I didn't realize i had to reconvergence after putting the linedoubler on and off.
    Now, the problem with my red tube and G2, i guess it must be an old tube...there is no way i can get the right G2 on red. When i lower contrast and increase brightness to do G2 by eye (looking into lenses and make the raster disappear), when i think i'm done and look at the screen: it is all too red. Then i adjust the reds G2 by looking at the screen but it seems there is no way between too red and no red.
    Any help is appreciated.

regards

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Arbey STOP:nono:
    The G2 voltages control the number of electons being sent to the tube surface and have nothing to do with colour balance (though they will effect it.)
    Set your G2's using the G2 menu in service untill the LED's go off.
    (now close the lid)
    Turn the colour saturation down to 0 so that you get a black and white picture.
    No go to the random access menu and with the picture menu set to adjust on the source rather than a genlocked pattern. Go into the picture tuning menu and adjust the colour balance.
    you will see R&B gain and Green gain. R&B Cutoff and G Cutoff.
    Use the gains to get the bright areas neutral and the cuttoffs to get the blacks/dark areas neutral.
    Exit out all the menus and put the colour balance back to 50 and you are sorted.
    Hopefully you'll read this before you fried a tube.

4. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read it right on time! thanks a lot! But the green G2 led for the red tube does never go out...even if i turn by micro movements. I 've set it now according to green and blue. I will folow your instructions. Thanks a lot! Hope this helps me out!

regards

5. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,
    Yesterday evening i spend most of the time trying to get the G2 led from red to go out but it was hopeless. I tried many times, patiently and with micromoves...Why doesn't the led go off?
    regards

6. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This unit is driving me crazy! I just set G2 last night, everything looked fine. I restarted the unit this morning ...guess what: no output from the green tube! Al led's are OK, even the green G2 indicator light from green is on...but green doesn't show a picture, blue and red does. What the h*ll is wrong?

regards

7. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i tell what was wrong: a loose connector. So the set is working fine now except for a vertical centerline when using dvd through svideo with internal linedoubler. any ideas?

regards