1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco G808s port5 V port3

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Thunder, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Anybody here had any experience in using the two different ports on a 8 series Barco? Anybody noticed a reasonable difference as port 3 is meant to be better for some reason :confused: Also anybody figured out how to get a high quality large diameter cable into a D9 connector without using a breakout cable :)

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hi Thunder,
    This has been previously discussed in great detail. A search using the words "Barco" and "Port" should give the required results.
    Paul

3. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I'm curious about this too, Well i had a search and found some interesting quotes. (Thanks Roland.... :smashin: )

"I'm not a great fan of the port 3 input it goes a very long route before it connects back to the RGB input but it does sort out some sync and low voltage inputs."

"High bandwidth input is the BNC input use it first.
    Use the 9 pin as a secondary input. but agree it is nice to have the syncs sorted out."

Port-3 is easier and isn't fussy either +/- synced signals, Port-5 on the other hand prefers a negative signal.

I still like using port-3, but would like to try port-5 to see if it improves the picture ??

I'm sure Roland would chip in, and let us know what the best way to connect up out Barco PJ's......

Cheers