1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barco Data800 Screen Distance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Orbital, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All :)

I'm just wondering how accurate you have to be in achieving the distance given in the Barco Lens program from projector to screen. Because of space problems in the loft where the projector mount is bolted into too I'm about 3-4 inches short of the distance quoted. Will this cause me any problems?

Thanks for any help given

Cheers

Dave

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,970
    I wouldn't think that a few inches will matter, but the best persons to answer your query are Gordon or Roland. As i learnt during my install it is not rocket science or brain surgery so compremises are possible.

3. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the reply Phil :)

I think you're right about the rocket science part of this. I think I've got myself too hung up about getting things to the nearest millimeter. Would be nice if Gordon or Roland could confirm though?

Thanks

Dave

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sorry I've been away

When has 3-4 inches ever mattered to us chaps anyway.

It is better to be further from the screen than too close.

As soon as you can. Try this.
    Turn the brightness up full and maybe the contrast too (Note what the settings were first, its will safe for a minute or two only.)

Cover the lenses one by one and observe the glow that goes right to the edges. You should be able to see the curved corners of the actual tube face. and it will be a keystoned shape overlapping onto the wall.

Paying particular attention to the top of your screen corners this should overscan onto the wall by a good few inches. If any of the colours do not do this you run the risk of heating the seal to the tube and the tube may well fail dramatically.

If any of the colours is cutting off in the corners reduce the picture width untill it doesn't.